Gold Leaf started

I’m moving to the mmj angle more and more. As I learn more about it I am a real believer!

2 Likes

I had burned through the summer harvest and the DWC stash was gone…I had my cooking stash from summer 2015 for the last month…no flavor and the high was better than what I could afford…I knew the harvest was almost here. This harvest has returned the THC and CBD to me.

the pill I don’t like, gabapentin, makes me “I don’t want to do anything” tired with no redeeming values :wink: and when my last doctor wanted me to take six a day, I tried it one day and I was a brain dead. Five a day was too much for me, four is more tolerable and it goes on, hopefully.

I noticed a stretch in my girls under the 600 watt MH after their move into the grow tent.

Seems the MH bulb was fading in useful light, fast, something they are known to do…known to everyone but me. Two grows was mentioned in a few posts, but there are more expensive bulbs that can last longer. HPS last longer than MH.

I had the mars hydro 300 sitting, waiting for something to do so it’s now hung in the tent with the MH till needed elsewhere.

2 Likes

Lol buddy don’t need to give away every trick I teach you save the bulb mark it as 60% with tape on threads with date it will work good as a spare if you have a bulb blow in the future and yes they do blow. I always suggest going with the big fat MH bulbs not the skinny ones since the outer bulb is less likely to burst than with the thinner ones. Had 1 go last month both inner and outer bulb bulged from arch

1 Like

Hai, @Donaldj-san…and rather than buy a $50 replacement MH bulb, for now I will put that off and stick with a $15 bulb and spend the rest on additional LED side lighting. I’m sticking with MH, I need the additional heat in the cellar. I will upgrade the bulb eventually.

1 Like

Lol after seeing how my last bulb went I will be avoiding low profile MH in all future grows could’ve caused a nasty fire if I hadn’t been in room to hear it and smell it though I also don’t use sealed shade an fairly rare for them to burn out during use they usually die while starting and do nothing

1 Like

I am sticking with an Ipower bulb for an Ipower ballast…at the very least that matches!

I am doing a bong for good luck, a habit I’m trying to turn into a tradition.

3 Likes

Looking good brother have some catching up to do

1 Like

about nine weeks old now with the added mars 300 LED to supplement the failing 600 watt MH bulb, both angled…I spin the plants every day or two…the left one is a little bigger and got topped a second time one week ago, healthy growth since giving it another week before switching to 12/12

10 Likes

Lookin good brother

1 Like

How’s it been goin?

thanks for the encouragement…I wake up and check on the girls every morning, 3 AM, 4 AM, always amazed at any progress, and hoping for no problems!

1 Like

good, I am watching you and your night time breathing machine…I am afraid I will get one after I talk with my doctor.

They are beautiful, they look so good under that led

1 Like

the LED is great but my cellar stays in the low 60’s, maybe high 50’s…I’ll use the HPS system for a while still, just for the heat

3 Likes

Yeah, plus it’s more light can’t beat that haha. What kind of hood is that? I’m lookin to get one soon to help keep my temps down

it’s an Ipower system…the one recommended in the forum…

2 Likes

Cool I think that’s the one either garrigan or toker recommended for me. Just trying to get a feel for them

there are so many choices it’s overwhelming for new people

Yeah, there are a lot. I try to get a feel for what everyone thinks of theirs, you know?