Gold Leaf started

I used them to raise the cloth pots off the table. They were bought years ago, never used, as painting accessories to raise an object off the surface for painting/drying.

The babies were small when I put them in those one gallon containers and the soil was moist so I placed them on those to circulate air underneath to help dry them out.

I dunno if it helped…just one of those random thoughts you have after a few bongs :blush:

4 Likes

been there! lol

1 Like

it’s been a week…the girls are in 5 gallon smart pots, the soil is Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

taking the plants from the 1 gallon smart pots wasn’t the easiest. I’m used to the root ball sliding out of plastic pots in a tapered shape. The cloth cylindrical smart pots didn’t let that happen, they had to be teased out.
I gave them an oscillating fan, too.
that was a couple of days ago

and here they are this morning, they will be getting watered tomorrow

I have to get used to using soil after using pro mix.
the pro mix weighed less dry and smelled less when wet.

3 Likes

Your ladies are looking nice and comfy in there new homes :house_with_garden:
Nice job

1 Like

Thanks…I used super thrive to water them in, it helps with the transplant, probably the last time I use it.

I’ll top them when they gets their 7th set of leaves, go from there.

Whys that if it helps I’ve heard of it but never used it ?
I topped mine at fifth set of true leaves and again two weeks later but I veg for extra 2 weeks so they have recover time before I flipped to 12/12

looking good @kabongster that super thrive is some good stuff!

2 Likes

I bought a small bottle a year ago, it’s almost gone, it’s concentrated stuff.
It gets mentioned occasionally, helping avoid transplant shock and as a root growth stimulant

from their web site…
“SUPERthrive® is a highly concentrated non-toxic vitamin solution invigorating all variety of greenery for home gardeners and professionals alike. It is equally suited for hydro-seeding, hydroponics, and foliar spraying.
SUPERthrive® maximizes potential by quickly building a strong root base and reducing transplant shock. SUPERthrive® replenishes the soil to nourish and encourage the natural building blocks that plants make themselves under optimum conditions.
Since 1939, SUPERthrive® remains a primary gardening and grower’s tool to promote chemical balance, increase crop yield, secure landscaping, and safely transplant trees of any size.”

1 Like

Thanks @kabongster
I’ll. Check it out
I was wondering why it going to be the last time you use it ? Is it a waste of $ lol

Super thrive is about $8.50 on Amazon for a pint bottle I believe Vitamin b1 helps plants through transplant shock and through cloning etc.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007LLEKLQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=

4 Likes

Thanks @bob31

i’m a believer,i transplanted all of my autos way to many times i think. i used this stuff and had absolutely no problems at all…i would like to also say that when i transplant i do not let the roots stay exposed long,no pics that kinda stuff…lol
just get her swapped over fill in and water with superthrive!!

1 Like

Thanks @BIGE hit us with a pic to validate! Lol man your growing some good stuff!

if you are looking at growing blueberry it will not disappoint @bob31 now that i’m getting some sugar on my buds,when i touch them it smells exactly like bb… good for indoor also no powerful weed/skunk smell…

1 Like

It’s getting old and every time I would open it, there would be a crusty residue…some would fall into the bottle so by now I’m losing faith in it’s real concentration.
I’ll use it for the vegetable garden but not for my girls.

2 Likes

Oh ok hahahaha you ment the bottle you own I thought you meant the product itself bro
Sorry my bad :hugs: @kabongster
Thanks for explaining it for us slow folk lol

2 Likes

hmmm, when I typed that…I had finished shovelling the snow that had fallen yesterday and overnight and I was medicated, pain pills and smoke…clarity was not my strong point :wink:

1 Like

my babies were ignored for about 5 days after I transplanted them into the 5 gallon pots and the temp dropped into the mid 60’sF in the tent. They slowed growing until I dug out my little friend

https://www.amazon.com/Lasko-100-MyHeat-Personal-Ceramic/dp/B003XDTWN2/ref=sr_1_7?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1486746321&sr=1-7&keywords=space+heater&refinements=p_36%3A1253523011

I cut a hole thru the paneling and ran 6" duct

into the tent venting under the pots, it’s raised the temp into the mid 70sF

and here they are having started growing again so I topped them, cut off the 7th node

4 Likes

another week, a little progress…watering day and I am giving them some Cal Mag, there’s some purpling on the stems, and Mammoth P…

and the topped tips, done a week ago

Edit…I only watered the right plant, it’s a little bigger and it’s pot was light and dry…it also has a more intense purpling of the stems. The left plant’s pot still had weight to it, I’ll check again tomorrow. The smaller also has less of a purple color on it’s stems I’ll give it less Cal Mag.

5 Likes

everything is looking good, watering the larger one on the right today, Cal Mag 4 ml/gal (just under max recommended dose), .6ml/gal Mammoth P (rec. dose), the other pot still feels heavy…

I am waiting for my other two to finish (starting 36 hours of darkness today!!) then I’ll wash that tent down and put theses girls in there for flowering.

a few weeks later, I’ll visit @Paranorman’s post for some hints on getting some clones going, then @hillcrest21678 for his monster cropping then a scrog…that’s the plan at least.

8 Likes