Gold leaf photo

First photo grow bergmans gold leaf. I’m germinating using paper towel method seeds sunk overnight so in the towel now waiting for taproot. I’m going to start them in the jiffy pods once established moving them into 1 at clear plastic containers with holes drilled in them Have a few different mykos products some root packs you put at the roots mykos Azos etc. I’ll b using them along the way after the qt going in my 3 gallon fabric pots with a mix of happy frog coco loco my own worm compost bat guano bone meal blood meal and extra perlite I’m going to start the plants under my 600 watt burple led then once somewhat established ill hang my vivosun 1000 watt I have the blue bulb and the red I always confuse which one is which. Hps mh. Anyways I have my humidifier dehumidifier ac temp controls everything one question I do have when I hang the other light do I need to hookup the vent to the extractor fan or can I just run it out of the tent on its own. I’m excited gonna b a good grow

2 Likes

The one thing i noticed clear plastic container, are you going to use the clear solo cups if so you will want to put the clear cup into one of the red ones so light doesn’t get to the roots. I don’t use the Hps/Mh lights but i believe they need to be hooked to your fan to get the heat out of your tent let tag a few growers @dbrn32 @Zee @Covertgrower

3 Likes

You will want that light hooked up to the fan to pull out the heat. MH for veg, HPS for flower. Happy growing…

4 Likes

The gents got you covered. Good luck!

3 Likes

I agree with Deepsix, you’ll definitely want to keep the roots from seeing any light. So you’ll either want to double up the Solo cup with a solid color to keep light out or just transfer the seed over into a solid color solo cup. As for germination, I will follow a different method by soaking the seed for the 24hrs and then directly into the Solo cup soil and then DO NOT MESS WITH IT. depending on the vigor of the seed/strain I would expect it to pop up/sprout within a day or 2
Many many variables… good luck

5 Likes

Thanks guys appreciate the help I’ll definitely put them in something darker so no light gets in and I have a 4 in fan now the holes on the light are 6 inch and I have the six inch ducting do they make a connector or should I just get a six inch fan

1 Like

What size tent?

1 Like

Like 2 x3

Already have a small taproot on one seed just dropped it last night and in paper towel this morning

2 Likes

@shady424 I transplant them when the taproot is about a quarter inch long but looking good man! I’m excited to see what you get!

Gonna check em again tomorrow and see where their at

1 Like

Looking good. Be patient. It takes a lot to grow. Each step gets more exciting.

2 Likes

Love the avatar I would vote tiger king for president. Lol.

1 Like

So they both popped ones looking strong as hell barely been in the towel at all oohh yeahh

1 Like

@shady424 looking good here soon you can throw em in soil!

The one at least

I put the one with the longer root in the jiffy pod in the humidity dome I have with a seedling mat on 78f about 58 humidity I’ll give the other with the shorter root another day before giving it a home

2 Likes

@shady424 yeah you wanna see the tap roots a little larger before transplant but that one should be good here in a few days you’ll see something break through

1 Like

Welcome to the community ! 5 or 7 gallon fabric pot would be a better choice for the gold leaf photo. 5 gallon is a good all-around pot for indoor growing. Just my thoughts good luck

4 Likes

Yeah I should have bought 5 gallon when I ordered them I git ten 3 gal I’ll definitely get a few 5 gallons for the next grow

2 Likes