Gold Leaf Odor at 2 weeks of veg

I think you meant Perlite to hold water. Little white chips?

Well, for now I added some Fox Farm Bloom Nutrient. It has the increased amount of phosphate which, if its a lack of it, should bring this plant around., I hope. Its moved to other of the lower leaves and moved fast, so hope this works. Till I get those meters I am stuck. I did find some ph testing papers with my beer making supplies. Had forgotten about themā€¦been a few months since I have made any beer. Made enough to last us for a while when I did. Anyway, will use those papers tonight and test the water and the overrun. Hopefully, that will look okay.

@BIGE Its a blast making my own beer, as you know. Especially being able to finangle the recipes to change them how you like. I have had more fun making beer over the years. And wine. Got some white wine going right now. Bottled up a big batch of red middle of last year. Letting it age a bit. Should be ready by xmas. Looking forward to trying it.

The white will still be a bit harsh then so wont be ready till next year. I dont think anyway. It was just a basic white grape recipe, nothing special so make it a bit sweet as my wife likes a sweeter wine. Me, I prefer a dry when I drink it. Getting to be fall now and looking forward to sitting on the porch sipping wine. And maybe some bud. Definately looking forward to the cooler weather so I can break out the port. Got some good stuff made up.

1 Like

@1BigFella Well, I have perlite in the potting mix that i used, but the other was more a powder. I dont know why I have gone blank on what it is. Let me think on it. Peat Mossā€¦thats itā€¦ I dont know why I was just getting a blank on that. Too old, too many meds I think. Ahh wellā€¦

@bob31 the guy stays busy indeed brother! lol
alot of fun activityā€™s happen thereā€¦lol wine tasting night,everyone brings in a bottle or two of their best to showcase,beer, whiskey alsoā€¦
growing fun? yes sir! AR african violet society meets there ā€¦ red hot chili pepper compititionā€¦and salsa bazare
it is a regular stop for me bob,good people there i cannot complain!
hydro farm is his gardening supplierā€¦

@BIGE IT sounds like my kind of place. Wish I was close to it. There is a Brew shop in town here, but apparently isnt that big, doesnt carry much. I have thought about opening my own brew shop and now that you mentioned the grow store being both, sounds like a good plan if I go ahead and open the store. Been scouting for a location. No luck so far. Need as inexpensive a spot as I can find. I can start with minimal stock at first, but adding a grow area would be great and would diversify the store. Got some ideas. Now just need to maybe find a backer. Then I wouldnt have to start it on the cheap. Never a good idea.
And running the wine tastings, beer tasting and then the grow competitions, yikes.

2 Likes

Just to update on the plant. It seems that upping phosphorus has helped. No more new spots and no more new leaves being affected, cause it was moving fast on the plant. So hopefully things have settled down for now. Thanks for everyone who helped and participated here. Its been enjoyable, for sure. And special thanks to @Donaldj for your assistance.

3 Likes

@cyberblast yea,iā€™ve pondered the idea of opening a similar shop around hereā€¦
if we ever get to full legalization for cultivation i just mightā€¦lol
remember when choosing a spot ā€¦location,location,locationā€¦lol

1 Like

@BIGE Yea, waiting for full legal here as well. Dont know how soon that will be, but its being guessed there this state will be one of next 7 or 8 that go legal. I hope so. Stictly stealth grow now. I can open the brew shop as that is legal. And yea, location, location, location. I do have one spot in mind that is right on the main road out of one side of town. If I have to build, I can do that. I used to work in construction years ago. Also there is one building that is empty that could be remodeled and would be ideal. Will be checking on that. But the other thing other than locationā€¦money, money, moneyā€¦:thinking::confounded:

2 Likes

no prob what weā€™re here for but donā€™t skip getting meters I couldā€™ve been wrong and meters reduce guess work :wink:

@Donaldj No, the meters are on their way. Just wish I could get them quicker, but no. Will be the 2nd or 3rd before they get here. One thing I have done is test my water with the PH lismus paper and I have gotten a 5.5 ph for my tap water and 5.0 for the bottled water. My next mix of my nutrients I will test them as well with the test paper. And will follow up when I get the meters. Regardless. thanks for all your help. And your kindness to a newbie. That makes a difference. :relieved:

If your ph is that low that will be major causing factor

@Donaldj I have now a ph up or down kit. So should be able to raise the ph in the water and in nutients down if need be. I hope.

2 Likes

Peat moss is pretty acidic. People using peat moss can actually use pH 7 RO water and once it gets in the soil the peat moss will acidify it. I would be careful trusting old pH paper. Wait until you get your meter before you do anything drastic. That sounds awfully acidic for bottled water. It would taste sour if it really was 5.0.

Or was that supposed to be Reverse Osmosis or Distilled water? DW should be 7.0 and RO water should be pretty close.

@1BigFella Yea, I didnt really trust that paper. It has been around a year or so. Just waiting till I get my meters to check things out good before I do much of anything. Tested the water again with another batch of litmus paper and it came out that time at between 6.0 and 7 from the chart. So that paper is better but I still want do anything till the meters get here.