Gold Leaf - Harvesting

Ok sorry :neutral_face: I missed your posts just saw them now
Your in good hands with @Donaldj and @Myfriendis410
I agree with them on the ph meter thing a monthly check should be done and probably more often on the cheaper meters
My first thought was a ph issue when I first saw picture or nute burn
I also agree with Donald on the watering I need to water mine every three to for days in veg and more in flower depending on size of plants

3 Likes

4 days like clockwork for me and if I go 5 they’re wilting!

1 Like

Sounds about right @Myfriendis410
Did you finish the harvest or you still chugging along lol

1 Like

1,102 grams green after trim and all peroxide washed and on the racks in the guest room @Countryboyjvd1971! The entire neighborhood knows that SOMEONE has goodies. …

@bob31 @Donaldj @Countryboyjvd1971 @Myfriendis410 @Stonetothebone Thanks a ton everyone, really appreciate the help.

@Donaldj When I started this plant and throughout veggy I would water it a lot, like every 2-3 days… I would feed every other watering. Then I had a problem with these fruit fly like things everywhere! So I read up on it and it said it was caused from constant damp soil so I thought I’m watering this way to much then. This was at the time I switched the lights (August 11th) so that’s when I started waiting until the soil was really dry before watering again…(7-10 days). And I wasn’t watering as much because I didn’t want those flies to come up again. So ill start watering back to normal again…but question for you…Do you use Neem Oil? Would you recommend this or anything else to keep those flies away?
And again thanks for the help I wouldn’t have figured that out on my own.

1 Like

After watering lay down some diatomaceous earth. Water to runoff and only water when the plant is about to wilt. Your soil will actually remain fairly dry high up.

2 Likes

there is a difference between moist soil and wet soil :wink: the fruit flies were likely from wet more than moist if you can feel moisture 1"-1 1/2" in top of soil they are good if not they need water. Most water to a 10-20% runoff then empty tray and test runoff but using a feed water water it actually serves as a flush keeping salts from building up. I am currently on a flush cycle with my PK in flower they will get nothing but rain water from last tuesday until harvest they are on their second water already from a double volume flush tues I expect I will get 1-2 more watering before they are ready

1 Like

well that is sad… I just finished my second round with Gold Leaf… It is pretty sensitive to PH from what I can see… I am a green rookie and this was only my second batch of anything… I did Blue Dream and Gold Leaf first… The GL tends to finish faster than the BD for me… Yields on both strains has been pretty good …

This is a cola of the GL

I also use a pretty minimalist approach to this… I don’t mess with stuff that ain’t broken…
Current Culture nutrients on a home made hydro system

4 Likes

@Donaldj @Myfriendis410 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Jmesser80 @bob31

Thank you all for your help and support, sucks it had to happen this way but definitely a huge learning curve with PH & Watering.

• My PH Meter was way off so instead of the PH being between 6.5-7, it had to be around like 3-4.5 maybe lower, I recalibrated it but I think going forward I’m going to stick with the PH paper test strips…
  • I’ve watered it twice just flushing since the last post. (last week)

It doesn’t look very good, and honestly the smell is very different my past plants, it smells like hay or like that smell when your first walking onto a farm…I’m not sure if that’s normal or not? I honestly feel right now this is going to be a wasted product and thinking about just cutting her down and moving on to the next grow…I grew a low-ryder AF my last grow and the buds were the size of my fist and dense, these barely even match up to my thumb and are very airy, fluffy, weak…I’ve been calling it see through.

From experience when there’s a set back like this is it salvageable ?
Here are current pictures from this morning, this would be closing in on week 7 of flower.

Week 7 flwr3Week 7 flwr5Week7Week 7 flwr4

2 Likes

Get a good reliable ph meter. Plants are too sensitive to ph and stfipes are too vague. Flush those plants with ph water that is clean without minerals.

2 Likes

I agree with @fever if you get a descent digital meter it will stay calibrated for a while and it only takes a Minute to check that itis still calibrated.
If it were me I would let them continue since you are so close. The hay smell is pretty common and some of the smell should come back during the curing process. I would just hate to waste it I wold continue and give it a shot if it doesn’t turn out ok you can always despose of it then. Although If you prefer to just cut your losses and start a new grow I certainly understand. Up to you brotha.

2 Likes

@Closetgrower91 that stinks bro
I agree with @Fever and @Jmesser80 a quality digital meter is the way to got I would get one with a replaceable probe as well
I have three all to together ranging from the cheap 20$ meter to a mid range 100$ meter up to my most recent that cost me over 300$ and the last two are spot on every time the cheap yellow guy need to be checked every use just to make sure so I don’t use it much
The paper isn’t accurate enough for me and
leaves to much to interpretation imo
Sorry to hear of your issue bro
Learning curve is how I would look at it
I agree with the smell should come back once cured and the hay smell your smelling is the fan leaves and sugar leaves drying up and dying
I would cut my loses and harvest them and start a new grow

1 Like

Noted regarding the PH Meter, thanks!

And you think I can harvest this now to start drying and cure? It will still be okay for use? Honestly was already preparing myself to just dispose of it entirely.

2 Likes

@Closetgrower91
Don’t throw it out definitely dry trim and cure
What are to tricombes at as far as color ?

2 Likes

They still look a little clear

#RIP GOLD-LEAD PLANT

Usually i would post pictures but i decided to cut my losses and throw the plant out. It smelt really odd, and i have 2 other super skunk autos that are starting to flower so im going to focus on those and move them to the tent. When i did cut it and then pulled out the remaining stem in the dirt, it was all white and almost looked like mold was starting to build up. I said to myself it looked like someone spread creme cheese on the bottom half and mold was starting to build up. So its gone, completely disposed of, and cleaned & disinfected my tent.

The Flower power nutrients i notice really drop the PH, and since my PH Meter was way off, I continued to add some PH down instead of up. Im assuming the PH was 2-3 when i thought it was 6-7. Between that and under watering, I pretty much killed my own plant without even knowing. Huge learning curve with this grow.

Thank you again everyone, i would have never figured out what i was doing wrong without your help. Ill definitely create a new topic for my Super skunk Auto’s and i just ordered White widow Auto seeds so that is my next one.

3 Likes

Cheap ones need it like every other time u use it! But like Donald said even the good ones sway and need it every month or so. Good idea to by some calibration fluid. Some meters recomend certain ph and some times more then one. If it doesnt reccomend anything just try 7.0

1 Like

Can u tag me for those please? I am growing wwa , thanks