Gold Leaf grow NEED ADVICE..please!

I’m 4 weeks into a ILGM Gold Leaf soil grow. I have never grown this strain before but have a bunch of grows under my belt. I’m using a 7 gal cloth pot filled with Happy Frog soil. The plant is currently 12 inches tall and as you can see from the picture is very healthy!

My question is When to flip the lighting to 12/12? I can handle 4ft 6in max height in my grow room. I’ve read that Gold Leaf should get tall but this plant looks to have very strong indica traits and seems to be very bushy.

Anyone have experience growing Gold Leaf? What kind of stretch did you get when changing lights to 12/12? Did your Gold Leaf look more indica?

2 Likes

I do; grown several. They are as advertised: HUGE plants. I didn’t see huge stretch at flip but you could always do a SCROG which will keep it in the space. That plant can do 3/4 pound in 6 months if you let it.

1 Like

Ive grown 2 rounds of GL and both times LST and kept them to under 2’/3’… It’s all in the training if ya need to control it?

1 Like

Ive grown it multiple times. It will only grow as big as you let it, but you have to think ahead. Bgl doesnt stretch too much.
Id do some low stress training, and plan to flip when youve got 18-20” of headroom left in the tent, ( depending on your lights).

Thanks guys… I’ve already started training, I’m going to top and give the plant time to get to 2 ft or so then flip. Looking forward to smoking Gold Leaf for the first time!

2 Likes

@OJ-Gold I did a bunch of training with my gold leaf. Flipped when they got to be about 2’ tall. Here they are now.

6 Likes

They look great! How much height did they add to the 2 ft after you started flowering? What size are your big pots ? Nice job so far! What week of flower are you in?

1 Like

@IceSheets holy Moses man!!! My bergmans is so short even after 4 weeks… I’m gonna have to try another grow of this, cause those look great!

1 Like

@OJ-Gold Thanks man! After flipping they grew another foot or so. I kept training them to be about 24’’ away from my 1000 watt HPS light. The big pots are 5 gallon and the smaller ones are more like 3 gallon. Just starting week #7!

Man those buds will be big by harvest time. Do you look at trichomes for harvest timing? If so what % amber do you like to harvest at?

1 Like

Gorgeous plants, dude!

1 Like

@OJ-Gold hope so man! I do look at trichs. I normally harvest at fully cloudy and maybe a couple amber. Right now they are all still clear. Check out some more pics from tonight! Gold Leaf is a pretty plant!

2 Likes

Fantastic! Have you smoked gold leaf before? How is the taste and buzz?

I have not. I am very excited to though. It smells amazing. Like a early fruity pebbles with a hint of pine.

@Myfriendis410 thanks man!

1 Like

Very similar in my experience to White Widow: Indica-heavy, nice terpene profile, very potent.

1 Like

I got one gold leaf going too​:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Here’s my last GL I grew… LOL like I said earlier you can keep them under 2’ if ya want. It’s all in the training, this was ScrOG and never over 2’ tall

5 Likes

Some amazing growers out there! Thanks to all for the feedback and pics… hopefully in a few months I’ll be able to post some killer bud pictures!

2 Likes

@LoCoRock how was the high on your gold leaf? Did you harvest at amber or before? Your plant looked sweet!