Gold leaf genetics are awesome

Ok. So, planted a few gold leafs outdoor a couple months ago. This particular plant I had thought didn’t make it, I had a indoor grow going to I focused on that and forgot to check the field (stoner brain) anyways. Went out this morning for a walk and wah-lah. This beauty is alive and well. Surviving solely off rainwater. So this is just a testament to gold leafs genetics. What a hardy plant! I guess that’s why they call them WEED! And a bonus plant come harvest time!

Thanks Robert!

12 Likes

Beautiful lady. Yea goldleafs a great strain. Ive grown it twice now and it had a unique smell and tastes good and is a good yeilder

2 Likes

Here is one of the Gold Leaf plants in my current grow. 25 days since flipping.

I agree, Robert Bergman’s Gold Leaf is an excellent strain. Easy to grow and an excellent producer.

6 Likes

Nice. I recently harvested this one. Curing now. I make my own super soil and this particular run i made my mix too strong amd had ppm issues but for a 9 inch tall plant i got 2 ounces dried and trimmed.

5 Likes

This was the mother plant to the other one but unfortunately i didn’t get to finish her off. Had to get rid of her cause im not in a legal state and something happend at that moment. Was only 3 weeks in flower and was ahead of the game. She was beautiful and i spent so much energy training her :expressionless:

3 Likes

Amazing. Do you have a journal for this?

I’m going to drop some more gold leafs and do an indoor. I’m a little nervous as it seems they need heavy pruning and trimming techniques to thrive indoor. I have a 4x4 I’m wondering how many plants I can get in there. I’ve seen some people do a Scrog 4x4 with just one plant!

3 Likes

Those buds look great!

1 Like

U can get the same yeild with one plant as u could with 4 plants in a 4x4 just lst constantly and yes goldleaf neads alot of pruing. Its real leafy. I pruned like 4 differ times. I only cut the leaves that are clearly covering potential bud sites

1 Like

Here is a link to my weekly update that I posted this morning:

One plant could easily fill a 4 X 4 with proper training and adequate lighting.

4 Likes

I have very Little experience in any of the training. So I think I’ll do my first ever journal for this next grow. I’ll need all the help I can get. Is four plants too much for that Space?

1 Like

Legend. Thank you

1 Like

Its very simple to low stess train. Simply keep tieing branches down to open up the center and introduce light to covered spots and ull keep getting new branches and itll level out the canopy. Well worth the little effort it takes. I start lst early

1 Like

And topping is recommended as well for a Scrog? I bought the net but idk if I’m confident enough. I have one grow under my belt. Going big for the second.

1 Like

That just a bit of string and some tape?

1 Like

Topping is optional. Lst will bush it out pretty well alone. I do personally top though. U can use either a string and tape or i also use a small zip tie on a rubber band and tape it to the pot

1 Like

Just kee tieing down the branches and itll really bush out and become even

Can’t wait. Gonna drop these seeds tonight.

1 Like

Good luck. Each grow i try and push the limits and go out my comfort zone a little and little by little u see what u can get away with and what works better

1 Like

1 Like

Bending the main cola?

1 Like