Gold leaf first grow & journal

Watered today with ph cal mag water and I might’ve over watered… what you guys think?

How often Do you water them and about how much? I don’t think I’ve seen physical symptoms of overwatering from a one time overwatering. Usually it’s something that someone consistently is doing.

1 Like

They just don’t look as perky as they did a week ago… but I water when the pots are light I pick them up but when should I flip these girls? They’re getting kinda big

Also got some seeds from my local hydro store… Has anyone tried this breeder genetics? They guy that was working said one of the cookie brand genetic maker quit and started his own company… Moscaseeds strain snak… cross between sunset sherb x gelato-rvsd

Very pricey… 100$ for 8 female seeds

Lol look at aficionados 1000$ for a 10pack

1 Like

I’ve heard alot more then this as well… 10,000$ dont know who or if that was a desperation buy lol

1 Like

Kind of hard to tell how tall they are but they’ll double in height when you flip them. I know some people like to get them to a certain height before flip. I’ve been aiming for 24" tall but the height of your tent will also dictate how high you can go. Also, Do you have a secondary space to house the seedlings when you flip?

Never used those seeds before. I’ve been on an inhouse genetics kick but they’re pricey ($20-25/seed). They are whopping butt compared to the other seeds I’ve grown tho in veg. I’ll be interested to see how they end up as I’ve only just now flipped them to flower. I’ve got sugar cane and jelly breath from them right now. Just ordered flap jacks and jelly drip for my next run.

Should I let these baby’s air out? Some yellowing around the tips… kept the water bottles on for 2 days

They seem to be stretching

Take a side veiw… they look alright to me

1 Like

1 Like

Should I take off the dome for a day? Or an hour a day ? Or how does that work…

Your humidity is around 60%? I’d leave the tops off. I dome mine with a mini clear solo cup for the first week or two but usually only because my humidity is around 40%. Even then, I leave the lids off for most of the day if i can and put them back on at night. When they are off, I use them to lean against the plants for support if that makes sense. Might be good since yours do seem leggy.

Here’s what I mean about putting the cups at the base of the plant. Helps them stabilize a but plus I use the cups to cover them while I water so I don’t beat them up too much.

2 Likes

These are my ILGM gelato when I put them to flower vs yesterday (starting 4th week of flower). You can get an idea of what to expect. They seem similar size to yours in 3 gallon fabric pots.

2 Likes

Why don’t you start in smaller pots?

I’ve been going from a solo cup to a 1 gallon plastic pot and then bigger for flowering but I didn’t math right and ran out of the one gallons. I have a ton of 5 and 7 gallon fabric pots that I haven’t been using so I put them in that just because it’s what i had laying around. Ultimately I want to stop using the fabric pots and do solo, 1 gallon plastic then 5 or 7 gallon oxy pots. But oxy pots are expensive so I’ve been adding them to the cycle. If all that makes sense.

2 Likes

But honestly, having done it both ways this go round, they all seem to catch up to each other in the end. Whether it be start in small pots and transplant or start in bigger fabric pots. Or even the oxy pots. Doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason in the end. Multiple strains/breeders on this side of the room in different containers.

Biggest advice I can give you is check your ph, cal/mag effs people up a lot, get a good light.

3 Likes