Gold leaf first grow & journal

First grow here I got gold leaf photo seeds I dropped them in soil and they sprouted Sunday I’m using royal gold soil with a viraspectra 600w light

4 Likes

Day 5 I keep top soil moist the solo cup seems like it still has water in to so I’m probably gonna wait a day or 2 til it’s feather light

7 Likes

Welcome and you’re off to a good start! White light pictures are much preferred FYI.

2 Likes

Congrats on the bean drop and welcome!

2 Likes

Following. I bought Gold Leaf seeds, are they/all photo?

2 Likes

Be very careful watering in solocups may I suggest you dont water the soil directly put a clear cup or half a clear plastic bottle over the soil and just mist the sides of the bottle once they poke there head …there’s a fine line between to much water and not enough… if the soil is lightly moist and u mist the dome( spray mist tap water inside the walls of the dome) you won’t run into issues… I mist with domes on until leaves hit the side of the dome cup or bottle then they have roots by that time and can start drinking from soil instead of needing humidity to take in water… at seedling stage they drink through leaves more then roots

1 Like

next time use clear cups with drain holes. root progress can be seen.
another cup can be a humidity dome.
soil must be damp…not sopping wet…it will drown roots

1 Like

All photos sir

1 Like

1 week from sprout cup still seems like it has water in it (comparing to cup with just soil in it) just been keeping the top soil moist with 2-3 squirts with ph 6.5 water 5 out of 5 popped but I’ll try the clear cup method next seems like a good idea

5 Likes

3 Likes

Even seran wrap or a plastic zip lock and a rubber band will reduce the amount of watering you THINK you gotta do… easiest way to determain… you know how terrariums work lil water originally in soil … lil heat and photosynthesis happening you will have the entire water cycle taking place inside your domes… water in soil is taken up by plant …photosynthesis takes place …by product of water vapor accends to top …condenses from gas to a liquid and accumulates as condensation… as it accumulates in the sides from condensation it reenters the soil and the process keeps repeating … it’s a good way to put the amount of water needed at this stage into perspective… as long as your still seeing a fair amount of water condensation on sides of the dome you have adequate water… if you look at your dome anytime and you know youhave a good seal from dome to pot … and there is NO condensation in dome… add a liiil bit of water like an ounce or 2 and the process will start happening again… I prefer to introduce my new water in the form of spraying a mist on the dome walls while the lid is juuust moved a lil …I like to keep everything pretty in place and just move as much as you need, then immediately replace and make sure seal is tight… if your seal moves a lil and its not sitting right… it can allow you humidity to escape and not accumulate inturn drying your plants out faster … as long as your lids are down to the soil your fine or sitting flat on a dest to do multiple cups under same dome pretty care free… also a heat mat can help keep this process really worry free and condensating quick and VISIBLY… to the point you never gotta check moisture of dirt… condensation…your golden

1 Like

Would the baby’s need fresh air if it’s sealed tight? Might try this method out next time

Gorgeous😍 how many weeks in flower is that? How much you usually yield off one plant?

1 Like

Man I didn’t have my glasses on hahahah that’s our own strain Plunton sorry that’s why I deleted it. I’m trying to find gold leaf I have a ton of pics I’ll post when I find it he’ll take a new pic. Big leaved plant it’s a beast. Regarding yield not sure this is our first run at this strain. Post up u a pic in awhile but at work at the moment :v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

1 Like

You should have holes in bottom of cups pots … u can have a lil hole but you want 95 % sealed or you won’t get full water cycle you will loose water in vapor form out the hole

2 Likes

Following along since I just got gold leaf photo myself

3 Likes

Yes I burnt 4 holes on the bottom of each solo cup for run off but I’ll for sure give the humidity dome a try thanks for the tip

3 Likes

Ok bruh Gold Leaf just into week 7

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see ur finished product :heart_eyes: looking fire!

2 Likes

Has some time left on that one. Crappy pics
Son took them Lol…
But you will be please with Gold Leaf I’m sure :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes