Gold Leaf dying Rapidly, HELP!

Hey Guys, so my Gold Leaf has shown some major changes in the last three days. Can anyone explain to me what’s going on? It looks like a magnesium deficiency but I’ve been using a boost for the last week and a half. The first pic was just from today. The last one is from yesterday evening.

1 Like

@donaldj @Yoshi @paranorman @MacGyverStoner @Hammer maybe one of these fellows can get you sorted out @LongBeachGrower

1 Like

Fill this out and I will help the best I can bro.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer.

1 Like

Also what week of flower are you in.

1 Like

Strain; Gold Leaf

Soil

System type: Manual watering/ feeding

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? NA

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: 1200 PPM

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size? Indoor Groow 600 W LED

Temps; Day, Night: 77 day, 70 night
Humidity; Day, Night: 55 day, 60 night

Ventilation system; Yes, 4 inch inline fan w/ carbon filter

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: 2 Small room de-humidifier

Co2: No

Today marks week 7.

OK my guess would be pH unbalanced you need to water plant until runoff let it pool up for like 5-10 minutes and check the pH my best bet is that it’s off causing a lock out. If that’s the case you need to flush depending on how far into flower you are you can do this as a final flush.

2 Likes

Yeah I think it may time to do its final flush, the leaves are dying pretty close to the bud and it’s making me nervous. Going to check on the trichs to see how far along she is.

1 Like

I had the same problem, in my case it was the ph

3 Likes

ph ph ph
also

but most importantly ph!!!

2 Likes

you are likely right since the leaves nearest buds draw nutrients too them and a plant is hungriest for PK during flower most if not all of the damage caused will not recover but if you correct your ph you may get some extra weight yet

1 Like

@LongBeachGrower , Heres a thought . one ph issue . and or these girls are close to finishing . and are likely shedding the shade leaves as they appear close to harvesting .
Hammer .

I’d be willing to bet if you check your run off pH it’s near 8. Every time I grow GL around week 4 or 5 (bloom) I have to add pH down. I use RO @ 0TDS w/ perfect pH 6 - but it’s not enough. (The run off climbs to 7.5-8.0+) So I add the extra acid and it corrects the nute problem. Just my experience…

Cheers!

1 Like

I agree with @Hammer sometimes when u get that close to harvest the larger fan leaves start to yellow and die because the girls don’t need/use nitrogen as much late in flower…I believe it’s fairly common

Yeah your babies not dying it’s pulling all of the nutrients out of the plant at the very end and putting them into the buds using all of it’s Energy to bless you and everyone else who gets to try It

3 Likes

Just a thought… Could it be Nitrogen toxicity? I had a lady I inadvertently gave the veg nutrient to during flower, and it killed it dang near overnight; and, she looked a lot like @LongBeachGrower 's pics. It wasn’t a Gold Leaf, but ANY Nitrogen in flower for any strain (to my knowledge) is a bad, bad thing.

1 Like