Gold Leaf curling

Ya, not to disregard other info here because at least one plant shows issues in line with this feedback. But top leaves taco’d and bottom leaves aren’t.

1 Like

Hello, what do you mean?

Hi, I don’t normally look at the leaves when I turn off the lights. I don’t want to disturb the plant. But when the lights first come on, she is still curling.

Check in on her a couple hours after lights out. A quick flash pic or a few minutes of flashlight won’t cause any harm.

The reason I’m saying this is that 500 watts sounds intense for one plant, especially within 3’ of the canopy. I might suggest raising your lights as high as they can go, and introduce a fan below the light but above the canopy.

Leaves tacoing like that, with the leaves appearing sharp/serrated, is a common indicator of light and/or heat stress. “Heat stress” doesn’t mean the ambient temperature in the tent is too high, but it does mean that your leaf surface temperatures are too high for this particular plant to be comfortable. A fan blowing in the space between the light and the canopy will help

2 Likes

See Graysin’s post above, worded nicely.