Organic soil grows with shindig153

If you’re willing to share.

Pure water has a pH of 7.0 (neutral); however, natural, unpolluted rainwater actually has a pH of about 5.6

Lower worm tea humidifier water to PH of 5.6 with very well filtered coffee grounds or apple cider vinegar

2 Likes

I remember you talking about coffee grounds and ACV to ph. I ph with ACV during flower.
Ph humidifier water to 5.6 to mimic natural rain fall?

1 Like

Yes That’s my crazy theory anyway that I used through my grow. Feed the plants pH of 6 to 6.3 and foliar feed through humidifier at 5.6

4 Likes

Not that crazy. Makes sense to me. Plus it doesn’t take much effort to apply it to practice. I like that.

Thank you for sharing. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Humidifier water ph is now 5.6 and brewing a worm casting tea.

3 Likes

Remember to filter the worm tea through coffee filters @shindig153 before putting into humidifier👍

Already done. I made a quick first attempt. The next batch will be better. I’m going to use a cheese cloth to steep next time. It will be a lot less messy.:smile:

2 Likes

A lot of growth all around over the last six days. Seems the worm casting tea in the humidifier works like a charm. @GreenCoat just when I think I have things dialed in I learn something new. Just read about a 6 on 2 off schedule gives accelerated growth during veg. I might give that a go next grow.

Here’s Gold Leaf. She has put on some size and is starting to grow normal. She’s growing out of her oddball stage.

Here’s Bubblegum looking good and growing well.

7 Likes

Here are my veggies. I ate a few radishes yesterday.

9 Likes

Iv just planted a load of veggies! Some straight out in the yard and some in propergaters for now, my ducks have started laying eggs too! Such an awesome feeling to produce your own food and then be able to consume it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Better check you instructions on your humidifier, as most dont like additives in the water.

1 Like

Using a home made humidifier. No power necessary and nothing fancy. It does the trick though.

Thanks for checking.

3 Likes

Good as the additive in a normal humidifier would interfere with the nebuliser.

2 Likes

I thought about buying a humidifier. I’m cheap so try to run my tent as efficiently as I can.

Man am I’m stoned! Those last two sentences were difficult.:joy:

3 Likes

Everything is still going well. Some major growth all around. I was thinking my plants are looking small compared to pictures I see here. I realized after some thought that many pictures are plants in much smaller pots. My 10 gallon pots make my ladies look small.

First up is Bubblegum. She is getting much bigger and almost ready to top and start to train.

Next is Goldleaf. She has gotten much bigger. I topped her about a week ago. I’m starting to train the branches as they stretch out. She is still growing much different than any plant I grown thus far.

My veggies are coming along as well. I pulled one of the tomato plants because it wasn’t looking healthy. The other two are doing well and are almost ready to start cloning.

I pulled the beet greens and added them to a stir fry. Also radishes are tasty. The mixed greens are getting closer to harvest and romaine is coming along.

5 Likes

My new batch of seeds is in. I’m excited to try these out.

9 Likes

Update for the week. I’m using water from my sons goldfish aquarium regularly and feed with an earth worm casting tea. Ph is 6.5 or as close as I could get it. My humidity is up in the high 70’s. I had to open my tent a little to get it back in the 60’s. I’ll hook up a small exhaust fan to help with that this week. I might also for go using the homemade humidifier. Temps steady in the mid 70’s lights on mid to low 60’s lights off.

First up is Gold leaf. I topped her last week so the branches have stretched out nicely. This week I cropped her for the knuckles and tied her down. I accidentally popped off a fan leaf in the process.
She is still growing weird. Where I topped her she has a new shoot growing. ?? I decided to leave it to see what happens.

Bubblegum next. She has gotten much bigger. I topped her this week and now waiting for her to stretch out a little more before I crop and tie down.

5 Likes

Here’s the veggies. The tomatos are getting huge. I tried cloning one. We’ll see what happens. I have clonex and rapid rooters on the way so I can make sure the next set of clones have a good start. I’m also going to clone a few bubblegum plants seeing I don’t have anymore of those seeds.
The romaine lettuce is getting bigger and the mixed greens will be harvested this week.

8 Likes

I believe I have flowers starting on the tomatos.

2 Likes