Gold leaf and gelato outside in VT

Hopefully so is the problem :+1:

1 Like

I’ve got more issues with my gold leafs that are left. They are just to top heavy no matter what I’ve done it’s either not worked or just caused more damage. Broken branches and the roots are staring to pull off the main stem from all the weight of the plant and weather is not helping that. I covered them with plastic last night and the fucking wind took care of that in a few hours. And I could cover it with a tarp that I can fasten to cage but the cold can still get through the fence. And it’s going to be in the 30s tonight

Found this this morning

Sorry to say, that’s bud rot.

Yes, wind, rain, and heavy colas are a recipe for disaster. It’s hard to support everything.

Tarps and plastic are tough to cover things with because the wind either rips them off, or the rain starts to pool up and then causes more issues as the covers sag/rip. I’ve tried it believe me.

This year I built a simple wooden frame and used clear plastic 2’x8’ roof panels. Zero issues with rain or wind. It’s more expensive but I’ll be able to use it again next year.

I supplement during most of the grow with silica. It’s supposed to help build stronger branches and stems.

Temps into the high 30’s are no big deal. They’ll survive that easy enough.

It’s done I have 2 right now that can keep going the rest are done or infected and I’m not going to fight nature to try and get bigger buds or just end up throwing it away 4 the effort.

1 Like

It’s a tough call this time of year.

I harvested my cali Dream a week ago because I felt the battle with bud rot was escalating.

My gold leaf could easily use another 2+ weeks, the black widow another 3, and the pineapple haze could go another month. That’s with favorable conditions.
Unfortunately with the weather forecast the way it is (lows around freezing and highs only into the 50’s) their development will be really slow. So even 2-4 more weeks will only show incremental gains. I’m planning on their last feed tomorrow. Ii tapered off all nitrogen last week.

I’ll be looking at them daily, and most likely harvest around Columbus Day. I suggest you do the same. It doesn’t look like a warm dry October.

Gold leaf is living up to its name

4 Likes

My girls are done havent fed them in two weeks today. They are still drying out still getting water out the soil is super saturated and the wpm still growing and coming up in new spots used simple clean and it didnt help at all. Just to dence to get in there there so big so only way to kill it is to harvest it. Found a great seed and info site that is all about mold mildew resistant strains or mrs.com great video on cleaning and deff going to do it.
6 Ways to Cure Powdery Mildew on Cannabis Organically | Mold Resistant Strains
6 Ways to Cure Powdery Mildew on Cannabis Organically - Mold Resistant Strains

1 Like

Day gets worse
Found rot in another gold. After drying them of and out of the cold I might be able to put 2 back out to see where they go.
I have 3 or 4 ready to start washing and trim. It’s ok if I cant put that one out side what ever my worst 2 plants were, they were going to be edibles and hash oil or block anyway. Dont want to use the premo for edibals unless it a special occasion or something.

1 Like

That’s why you have to visually examine each plant every day. At some point you’ll have to weigh incremental gains vs. loss from rot, mold, or exposure.

1 Like

I can say I definitely learned that the hard way this grow. It was to many to soon. Stick to a couple till you can get the experience or what have you.
I still am going to get great big beautiful buds from this grow. Bot as much as I thought I would but it’s a learning experience. I know to start earlier next spring and to have a roof installed over the cage, and flat non ground floor, or at least crushed rock. And much bigger pots so the wind isnt blowing them over.

1 Like

No matter how it all comes out…
I couldnt of made it so without your help and patience!
I really mean that fellow grower!
Thank you.
:metal::+1::dash:

1 Like

That’s why we’re here. To share experience.

Believe me I made, and still make, mistakes. Every grow is a learning experience.

1 Like

Not bad for a cola of gelato

8 Likes

Looks like you’re in for a busy day.

1 Like

Yea just getting all the unsugered stuff off and these buds are dence. Gonna wash hand and start another.

7 Likes

That was the smallest one

So I’ve trimmed, h202 washed and rinsed, now hanging and drying quickly. Just over 1.5 hours

1 Like

Sweet chop man. That Gelato cola :drooling_face::muscle:t5:

1 Like

That’s tha small one purps