Gold leaf and gelato outside in VT

I see your plants are very healthy and clear about 6in up the stem from the soil. I let them just go nuts and they are suffering now. After tomorrow’s game plan they will look much better.:relieved:

1 Like

@Cheftodd420 , I had some pH issues a few weeks ago, but upon getting myself a digital pH meter and TDS meter, I was able to dial my water in at 6.5 and my runoff was coming out at 6.1 :grin:

Because if the pH issues I was getting a good amount of yellowing leaves near the bottom and I went in one day with the trimmer and snipped away!

1 Like

Your girls are looking great.
Cannabis can handle our October temps as long as it doesn’t snow, (light flurries are ok) or we get a cold frost.

The cool rainy weeks are the troublesome ones.

2 Likes

I’m going to spring for a top off today and feeding water this morning. Then the cage re vamp can start pics to come

1 Like

Just back from a 40gal spring water run. Going to wait till the afternoon sun is past and not so sunny on the porch so I can work on them without getting sick from the sun. One of my meds side effects is no direct and prolonged exposure to sun. It gives me migraines upset stomach cramps dizziness all kinds of fun. But I have to take it or I start talking back to the other 3 in my head. And nobodies gonna want that…
:crazy_face::grin::open_mouth::sunglasses::+1::metal::wink::smiling_imp:

So trimming is done

BEFORE …

And AFTER

It might look really drastic but the branches I cut were all in bad shape except the two I cloned.
And their is sooo much more room and air flow in my cage.

4 Likes

Then I fed and watered them with a shower of flower power 1T per gal of h20
The ph is alil lower this feeding my rain and watering runoff was around 6.8 so need a bit lower for them.

Ph-5.95
Ppm-1975
Ec-3.0

BIG BLOOM 1T
GROW BIG 2t
TIGER BLOOM 2t
BOOMERANG 1t
KELP ME KELP YOU 1/2t
OPEN SESAME 1/2t
Per 1 gal h20 s7

5 Likes

Keep in mind rain/distilled/ro water is hard to accurately pH since it’s stripped of most everything. The advantage is that it adapts to whatever pH your soil is at.
So monitoring runoff (like your doing) or slurry tests are the best way to keep an eye on what’s going on.

2 Likes

Rain water is basicly that H20. No minerals and I’m always checking my ph using it cause the nutes drive it way down. If I get to mix them with the spring water I get a good mix although the ph is still higher around 8. So gotta check when watering, I add some Cal-mag to watering but still sometimes have to use ph down.
Thats why I stopped using distilled water cause it had no ppm to it. And my blk widows were suffering from it. I thought I was under watering but I was starving them with a very light nute series.
I really appreciate everything you’ve been sharing & showing me I’d be in a bad way without it. My plants reacted well to the trimming but 2 of them actually grew 2inches.:open_mouth:
Alot better air flow, more room to get the best sun light. They start showing the signs of more preflower here soon with the less light. Not sure if cool nights have a affect but I would think so like apples or pears. Atleast for soil outdoor, I read that soil has more of a effect on taste, color, smell. More that plants grown in hydro. I also read something about hydro being grown from start to finish with less water than it would take to water soil plants for 8weeks. Now is that true idk. That’s a @DoobieNoobie question.
Anyway I digress. Thanks @Drinkslinger

3 Likes

That’s kind of a hard question. I haven’t grown in soil to compare the two. But I can say with my systems I don’t hardly add any water until late veg. And I only drain and refill at the switch to flowering nutes. So with the right system I would say definitely less water. But in a smaller system where the water gets changed weekly I think it would be pretty close to the same.

Your plants are looking good.

2 Likes

And as always yours are the stuff I dream of. I was reading on hydro and if it would be better for my space and if I get a bigger indoor set up I might .

1 Like

Is a lot of fun. It’s a bit more of a challenge to get it setup but once you do it’s worth it. I am planning a 3 room for later this year. It will be a culmination of all I’ve learned in a attempt to grow serious weight in a perpetual grow.

2 Likes

U are my OBI ONE…
:open_mouth::bearded_person::nerd_face::neutral_face:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: there’s much more experienced growers than me. I just really like to try different things. Sometimes it works. Sometimes is a complete disaster lol. But it’s still fun trying either way.

3 Likes

That’s exactly why…
I’ve been trying LST, Super crop, fim, and topping with these grows. And this winter I’ve upgraded everything.
Tent, vent, lights and going to try all I’ve learned to push these ILGM auto flower seeds to the biggest harvests out if these 20 seeds. I’m going to call it the “20 autos to 2lbs” grow. I know that’s a ridiculous claim for many reasons I could list off, being the most important part I’ve never grown autos b4. But who cares. I’m just looking forward to the challenge of something new and unconquered.

3 Likes

I bet you can do better than 2lbs with that many. In fact I think you can double that. Autos do take a bit more finesse in growing but if you treat them right they’ll produce well.

2 Likes

Well its gonna take a hot min cause all I got is a 2x4’ tent so 2 maybe 3 a time. But itll be worth getting 4 or 5 different strains harvested for a, a’ la cart shelve for symptomatic conditions. That’s how any grower should have there stash. Wide open for every reason. Flower to smoke, also hash, edibles, and for the hardcore shatter. Not for me but other do love it and a host isnt providing for himself but to his honored guests.

1 Like

That’s my goal. Have something for every occasion. And it’s nice having multiple strains in jars and ready to choose from. But don’t get carried away. I’ve got so much different stuff that if I forget to label it I have no idea what it is lol. I know I know. Terrible problem to have lol. But it does make choosing which to use more complicated.

4 Likes

Cant get too carried away with a 2x4…
That’s why I went a bit overboard one this one. Next spring I’m going to just 5 or 6 in 10gal pots with a alil iragation set up. I’m sure I’ll figure out a bunch of things that I’ll change for next time

2 Likes