Gold leaf and Afghan grow

How long in the water man, before sprout? Fresh seed or old seed. Is there really a difference? Can seeds get old?? Didn’t think they have a shelf life…

1 Like

Afghan in the left and Gold Leaf on the right.

Both A had really good tap roots after a 48 hr soak. Both GL had broken and had roots. Their new names are “the engine that will!” Aka slug set.

What size pots are those? Growing medium, light?? Please. @Strokeman

1 Like

@stretchgfw.1957 they are in 4” plastic pots with precut holes in the bottom. They are in seed starter pods filled with inert seedling soul from my local garden shop. The light is a 40 watt CFL in a flexible neck. Plants are on a water catch basin for a 3 gallon pot.

@stretchgfw.1957 fresh ILGM feminized seed just delivered on Saturday. Seeds can be stored for a long time in the correct conditions and have a shelf life of years before they are “old”.

I left them in water for 48 hrs (almost forgot I’d started soaking them :bus::man_farmer:t3:). Between kids at 3 different schools, my 16 yo broken truck and harvesting 3 Orange Bud yesterday I’m spent!

3 Likes

Sounds like you need to stop and light up for a minute man. Great job! I’m outdoors coming to a close. Got a harebrained idea of building a light for a small indoor grow of AUTO’S to keep me occupied this winter. No sure if i can pull it off.:sunglasses:@Strokeman

1 Like

Beautiful taproot seems like we will be having a parallel grow…

monster cookies bag seed /and a gorilla glue bag seed sprouted in RO in 24 over night bath must be a good sign. Ready …set…grow!

3 Likes

Ohh trust me, last night I did😁!! AK is so smooth but so deadly😆…

Do you have a journal of your grow @fano_man??

@stretchgfw.1957 GO FOR IT! It so keeps me occupied!!

1 Like

[quote=“Strokeman, post:28, topic:23670”]
me
[/quote] I’m a new member on the farm I started things but I was halfway in the middle of the grow when I join but I have a log started for the gorilla glue and monster as well as when I joined to present time for my girl scout Purple Haze and white widow girls

2 Likes

Tag me in, let me check it out!

Stopped by local hydro store Friday and picked up a little seedling tray/dome. This is what I come home to this morning…

About time!

3 Likes

How are children looking mine tuned into a bird

2 Likes

@fano_man slow! I have 3 birds too! Second Afghan just unfolding. I will post pictures when I get home tonight.

1 Like

Hey man. I’m watching your grow carefully. I’m going Afganny and BB in the spring outdoors. Plan in starting early inside due to weather here in MA. @Strokeman. Please keep me in the loop, in case i get lost. Stoned right now. :blush: Good luck man.

1 Like

Afghan on left stretched a little. They will get buried next week when they transplant. I’m impressed with node spacing, all on top of each other. Switched to 18/6 last night (time to grow some roots) as they had 24 hr light for 10 days.

1 Like

Lookin good man I’m glad we’re gonna parallel we check our progress with each other and were ide by side still

3 Likes

Working on another T5 for the veg tent, won’t be until next week. I will probably leave the seedlings under the 40 watt desk lamp for another week as I need to move 3 AK and another OB into the flower tent. I will transplant into 2 gallon bags this weekend.

1 Like

T5 is in the veg tent as of Saturday. I am so impressed with it I ordered the 8 bulb model for the flower tent. Plants are working on their 5th nodes. Another few days to transplant, top and go into the veg tent.

1 Like

Picture day!

Afghan on the left GL on the right. Day 2 in the veg tent under T5 lamps.

2 Likes