Why do pharmacy prices have to be $4,000 for a script? This is for one month. Old lady 82 years old. Jesus, I thought we took care of them when they were old. They have been paying their whole life. I work in a store with a pharmacy, that’s what it costs. This is way ridiculous. Prices are correct,$4000 a month. My mother in law getting hosed by big pharmacy. No wonder why people are using alternative meds. Going to pay it for her.
Please watch the F bombs. Read community guidelines before posting again.
I know that was coming. My bad. But why does the medical community fail and try to keep people from smoking? That’s all see has. Nothing good coming from her prognosis.
Ultimately it always comes down to money. When you think about the HUGE numbers of people on meds even a tiny shift in the masses will make a difference of millions of dollars. Imagine if 50% of consumers on opioids took one less pill a day. Now we are probably talking a billion dollars or more in lost profit. I tend to think of think in terms of what’s around me and not think of the fact that there are 300 million people in this country. Someone once told me that if it could the pharmaceutical industry would reclassify aspirin as a prescription med. Simply because its very effective as an nsaid pain reliver and it cuts into their profits on a huge scale.
My neighbor has the cancer also. They are dirt poor. I always just give her nugs. Always. Helps with her nausea.
Yep, this says it all.
People that grow, cuts into pharmacy profits… and doctors profits, and so on.
This is going to sound crazy, but look up dog deworming medication. Seriously, there have been a lot of studies that it does cure some cancers… it’s not published, because it’s a cure, not a treatment… Like chemotherapy thay can charge for…
I give any of my crops to people that need it. I like to get high, don’t get me wrong, but some just have to have it. This is why I started to grow again and will continue too.
So my wife had a tumor on her appendix. It was 3.5 millimeters. Gave her RSO oil for three months. Brought it to a pimple size and surgeon didn’t know why. He said he took it out just in case. Not saying that’s what worked, but it in our case did. He put it in a case study. Just frustrated with the cost of scrips for the mother in law. $4000 a month out of pocket.
Same people that want it mandatory you get a free shot
Jesus that’s insane if she’s taking it for pain I’ve found Durban sunrise (90% Durban poison) to be an EXCELLENT pain killer, I’ve also heard eating a tsp-Table spoon of diatomaceous earth daily( dissolved in juice) can help a ton with joint pain when your older
Meds have side effects leading to more prescriptions and before you know it you are on 5 + meds for one problem. I’m now off all meds and only smoking what I grow. I make a lot of edibles for my friends that can use them.
This x 650000. I might not know much about growing weed, yet… but Covert is on to a valuable reality here…
I personally know of two people that have benefited from this medication. Straight up.
Big pharmaceutical probably won’t , & hasn’t confessed.
It’s a thing… Do research & check it out.
Yes and seaweed is quite awesome like that too! SeaWEED….coincidence? Nope! Look into it
This is an old topic, but still useful information:
- Drug companies often have a way to decrease the $4k/mo. Call the manufacturer, or google “[drugname] financial assistance”. But DC says this can’t happen for Medicaid & Medicare.
- It’s not the pharmacy screwing you. Some drugs are very expensive (blame DC). If you don’t have insurance, you’re screwed generally, but see above.
- It is the insurance companies screwing you. Unless you have Medicare, in which case see above about DC, it’s Washington that’s screwing you.
- For particular diseases, there are organizations that can help. For example, if you had Waldenstrom’s Anemia, you could contact a Waldenstrom support organization which might have suggestions.
- Definitely try GoodRx for every drug, sometimes even with insurance it ends up cheaper.
- Don’t forget that some Rx insurance plants have an annual out-of-pocket maximum. For example, if you have a $5k out-of-pocket maximum for drugs, you’d only have to pay $4000 one time, $1000 the next time (assuming just the one Rx), and then zero for the rest of the year.
- Congress has prohibited Medicare from negotiating drug prices. This causes upward price pressure, because a lot of the volume of drugs is essentially a no-bid contract with the US Gov’t.
- “Pharmacy Benefit Managers” (PBM) have a lot of control over non-Gov’t drug prices and coverage. These are companies between the drug insurance policy and the pharmacy.
- PBMs are buying pharmacies and insurance companies – See CVS-Aetna, and that can only make things worse for consumers.
- The number of uninsured patients incentivizes retail prices to be high. An insurance company & PBM negotiates what actually gets paid under insurance, but if there’s no insurance or PBM involved (retail, no insurance), there’s no controls (see below). IMO, this is a DC problem, not a problem with the pharmacies (which often operate the Rx at ~break even).
- GoodRx is a partnership between various pharmacies in an attempt to still keep high retail prices, but not have to charge them to uninsured patients.
It’s a freaking mess, for sure.
She’s 82. Has medicade Just not an authorized medication. Believe me, if I could I would just get her on the marijuana. Unfortunately not her thing. Tried a 5 and a 2.5 eatable was not to her liking. She can’t smoke.
Like seeing the inputs on other options.
Thank you kindly.