Going Purpetual with Purp - 2020

Leaner than store-bought and big boars can be kinda stinky but in all of the years hunting there we only came across two hogs that the dogs wouldn’t even eat. And that’s several hundred hogs. One of my favorites (and got that Base Commander hooked on em) was to shoot a 30 lb piglet and put it whole in the barbecue. Smoked in red oak and basted in sesame oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Yowzah.

And that Base Commander is now one of my two hunting partners and closest friends. We moved to the 'Springs to be closer to him and my other friend.

Last month in South Dakota.

14 Likes

The whole hog sounded great! That is a dandy whitetail. We have good numbers but don’t usually grow them that big in Michigan.

5 Likes

I was pretty spoiled hunting on VAFB. I could be putting shells in my rifle 15 minutes after leaving the house and hog hunting was year 'round. Unless there were mission ops or a launch.

6 Likes

Whoevers on the left is my uncles identical twin.

7 Likes

Crabby old guy too then huh?

11 Likes

Thanks for the words of wisdom boys and gals. Loads to consider. I havent been back to bother her in a bit but will stop by later this month to see if she has any counts in mind.

Nice hog!! My coworker said he has to get down with one of those hunting trips :joy: he’d die smelling the grade A ganja yall be smoking.

11 Likes

Lol when he wants to be, and almost the same hobbies as well. Weed, hunting, and drinking beer.

7 Likes

Sounds like some people I know haha

5 Likes

Its sad because I would rather hang out with him and his friends, rather than people my age, just don’t care for most of what they do. I would rather be smoking, drinking, hunting, wrenching, and building lol. Don’t get me wrong I have a few friends like that, that are younger than me, but its a rare thing these days it seems.

15 Likes

I’ve never hunted, but everything else you listed I’m with you in 100%

4 Likes

That’s me.

7 Likes

I knew it!!

6 Likes

How are you doing Coyote, how’s the puppy? Shoot me a pic over on my thread Rere and Daphne or I need help with my grow journal is active again. I miss reading your thread hope you and family enjoy the holidays but stay safe. :christmas_tree::christmas_tree::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

I’m still set to watching on both, and did I not tag you in my new journal? I will do so and when I get off work I will get a picture of the 3 we have left and post them to your thread.

5 Likes

I’m not sure I’m tagged on your new one either, @CoyoteCody. I’ll take a tag, please, sir. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Omg that’s beautiful

2 Likes

Thanks. I have my moments :wink:

6 Likes

Yes you do My Sip Brother!!! :wink::sunglasses::v::metal:

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 Sounds like I missed the ‘lab side’ forum. Is it like gone, gone? Did it look exactly like this one format wise? I think maybe I was in it or get on it inadvertently and can’t find what I’m looking for including my own post- gadszooks! Maybe those times I really was on the lab side and not just bakedAF!

1 Like

The Lab is now a closed group that is resident on this forum. You will see folks with ‘Bergman’s Lab’ as their description. They can post here as this is a public forum but the lab is closed to others.

2 Likes