Going on vacation for almost two weeks. Need some automation

Hey Guys.
I’m going on vacation for about 12 days next month and I anticipate my girls will be mid flower by then. Can someone recommend a watering system I could purchase to keep my girls fed while I am away?

1 Like

I was looking at those!
Has anyone used an Auto Pot? now sure which system would be more reliable? Blumat or AutoPot?

AutoPots are great for feeding your plants while away, only problem is you would have to repot your plant into a pot that fits the tray. It also requires a buffer of non-absorbing material in the bottom of the pot such as clay balls, or course perlite, or plastic golf balls. If you are growing in soil, the soil needs to be mixed about 50/50 with perlite.

I guess what I’m saying is you have to start with AutoPot in mind, you can’t change up mid grow.

Well that is a really inconvenient system. I was hoping it was adaptable to my current grow bags. i guess I will go with the Blumat System.

2 Likes

I will tag you in a journal that shows my setup may be helpful

Hey sorry to bug you but was wondering how or what you used for your plants. I will be leaving for vaca for 7 days in the really near future and was trying to figure this out? I was looking at the spikes as mentioned just wondering if they worked Any information on this would be much appreciated thanks.?

Take a one liter soda or juice bottle and save the cap. Nail or drill a small hole about 1/8 inch. Just one hole, no vents. Then invert it full of water and burry the pierced cap in the soil about and inch down. It will slowly wick as the soil dries. If ts moist it will stop wicking, due to capillary pressure of the water. Works pretty well.

If you need bigger volume use 2 1 liter bottles per pot. Or a 2 litter if it will fit without crowding the plants.

You don’t want the hole too big or it will glug glug out all at once.

1 Like

@noddykitty1 thanks for that. I really like that idea, I have just been over thinking things. I have already spent a lot on this so the three r’s for this is sweet have a great day

1 Like

Happy growing. Love your dog.

1 Like