Going on 9th week autoflowers

Yup my amnesia haze auto went to 13-14 weeks I expect my banana blaze to take about that long to since it didn’t go into flower until about 6 weeks in

1 Like

I’m such a newbie that I stopped giving nutrients two weeks ago this Sunday that passed. Sledgehammered and flushed it out.bI feel these have at least another week some of them some may have longer than a week. Thank you for letting me know that sometimes autoflowers will be 13 14 weeks growing. This is on the 12th week this Sunday. Thank you for everybody’s input I almost guarantee without everybody’s help I wouldn’t have such a successful first grow :potted_plant:. Can’t wait for round two. My buddy of 25 years knows about this and I showed him my secret and he was astonished. He said for my first grow he gave me a b+ I give myself a C. But I’m always striving to perfection even though it’s hard to achieve.
Thank you again everybody shout out to budz, all in one pH tester thank you :partying_face:

2 Likes

It’s a little hard to tell exactly how much longer. The first pic shows cloudy trics but the third and fourth pic shows a bud still maturing. Do you have a pic of the whole plant. Maybe some fox tailing going on but hard to say without more pics. Also consider if it’s going to go longer to get some nutes back in it. Did you take a ppm reading after the flush?

1 Like

Here is the pictures of each side of tents one side is blueberry one side is Northern lights. On that crude drawing the left side is Northern lights right side is blueberry PPM and pH levels. When I did flush them they were down to 500 PPM one was still high as shown in this picture still. Stupid me put two plants in for pots. I’m a newbie when I was reading I didn’t think all 10 were going to germinate boy was I wrong.
So on some of those pictures they were different plants that’s why some of them I feel could be getting plucked this weekend and some need a little longer. I still say not great but better than I expected from my first round my buddy of 25 years knows more about this concurred.
Thank you for your input Captain cola. I figured by the pictures I have at least a week on some plants and some may be popping within a week. Thank you again everybody

2 Likes

Got some great looking plants with some good color. It looks like they are just about ready. Try to get into the bud a bit and get a picture. The outside of the bud will show different then the inner part. Check each plant in a few spots to see if it’s the same on all the buds. The white hairs are from the bud fox tailing. I would consider turning down my lights a bit and dropping the temp. Might help them finish up if they aren’t already. Are you planning to put them into the dark? Because they will mature during that time as well. Both are indica dominant so some amber wouldn’t hurt either.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help you’re awesome. I’ve been doing 19 hours light on 5 hours off in about an hour I will take a look on the inner part. Putting them in the dark does that mean no light for a 24 hours. I’ll also look that up. Also I read what you said foxtailing I learned another thing back-to-back days thank you. I read you could actually clip certain branches that seems ready and a day or two later the other section of that same plant that needed just another day or two. instead of cutting the whole plant at once. Any inside on this would be great I may take some of this down today maybe just one plant I got nine more LOL thank you again
I’m going to read more up on it but should I trim some of the leaves before I put it in my wedryer weee :ghost:dryer lol

1 Like

Yes, you can definitely harvest the plant at different times. I have done it along with others here. Sometimes a couple buds are done and a couple are not. Putting a plant in the dark is just that. Giving it complete darkness for 48 hours then chop it. Good luck if you give some the chop!

1 Like

I’m wondering if I do 48 hours a doc and I don’t chop them all is that okay. I’m actually still reading darkness before harvest for autoflowers. Captain cola now I know why you are a captain thank you. I never heard of this 48 hours of darkness that is awesome I’m going to do that and yes I dropped the temperatures like it said the soil wasn’t too moist but not too dry before shutting it down I watered it about 8:00 Eastern Time. So that’s my only dilemma do they all have to be harvest if I do a 48-hour darkness. I’m still reading on darkness before harvest thank you again what’s the worst that happens I screw up and I start over LOL thank you again everybody you’re the best

I bought the same auto mix as you did… all 4 seeds of mine emerged Aug 17 or 18th.

My amnesia haze “should” be ready by Nov 7th… but my northern haze is at least 3 weeks behind them and the blueberry is 2 weeks longer than even that.

In my mind, it is all part of genetic variation and the great circle of life so to speak.

Enjoy the journey! I’m here enjoying the scenery.

3 Likes

That is awesome mine water first day July 26th then germinated and was in soil sprouting out August 1st. That’s why this weekend will be 13 weeks minus the first week of germination. I think I’m going to turn the lights on and then tomorrow 48 hours no light I can deal with things Saturday and Sunday. Any input would be great like everybody has been you’re awesome thank you. I want to be watching you Virginia grow boy those look awesome I don’t know if this is your first time it is mine I am a newbie for shooby :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I agree genetics play a part in fox tailing as well. I think sometimes it can be somewhat controlled with lower temps and light output especially in this stage. Fox tailing is not a bad thing in my opinion just more bud on to of other bud. I believe that slowing it down to get them finished up is good. Who know the inside of the bud could be amber with clear on the outside.

1 Like

In my experience I have always harvested the whole plant after darkness. However it could be possible I guess. Keep in mind some people don’t do any dark period. Its kind of a preference thing like many others.

1 Like

Forgot to mention your plants look good. Never had a run where all my plants were done at the same time. It’s usually one at a time. Good work!

1 Like

Yes first time for me. I came into this forum with an open mind and a great zeal for listening to those people who walked the hard road ahead of me looking for any potholes, rattlesnakes or other pitfalls to avoid by listening intently to them and it is working!

I did what they said not always what seemed most natural

2 Likes

Yeah lots of people do the darkness thing before harvest, flush with water or things that cost money…

I tend to do what science says can actually have an effect.
The darkness thing could have an effect before harvest.
But although many people sware by it, science says flushing has no impact on taste. And scientifically has no mechanism to do the things it claims to do… it just isn’t how biology works…

People believe that the nutrients or "chemicals " will be in the buds and therefore effect the taste as we would be smoking them…

But it’s all “bro science” real science says this us not even possible :man_facepalming:.

Youtube creator named "Mr grow it ". You should check on his channel if you want to learn the absolute latest in factual information…

I don’t flush or do the darkness thing… though neither one would hurt anything… I just don’t do it, but I would definitely advise don’t spend any money on “flushing” products…

You’ve done an awsome job though my freind. The humility and willingness to learn is a rare trait that will take you far in life if paired with a good epistemology.
Your plants look amazing :clap: :heart_eyes:

:One source of the things I said: if you Google you can find others. Just pay attention to the dates things was posted… alot of the “bro science” stuff online from pre-2018 that is misleading…

3 Likes

Happy Halloween everybody :ghost::jack_o_lantern::clown_face:
Today is the 13th week I believe I’m going to start plucking these next weekend that will be 14 weeks. I’m still not seeing the brown at the end of those THC gland thingies LOL
Has anybody done autoflowers for 15 to 16 weeks ever?
Thank you everybody for the encouragement and I hope everybody’s having an awesome Halloween.

I will take all this up with the chairman of the board LOL that’s me. Believe me I am so new I can say a couple of days flush or flush two three days water after before harvesting.
I stopped nutrients way too early 3 weeks because I’m a newbie and I love learning this and hearing everybody’s opinion. Also I plucked two today of the weaker ones and those did not get any 48-hour darkness. Maybe on the last ones I pluck I’ll try the 48 hours I’ll mark those different. I think sometimes it’s a trial and error and you start perfecting things a certain way. I know a lot of different people who do different ways to do automotive work or how they would renovate a home etc. Thank you everybody for your advice and I hope you have a good night thank you

1 Like

Good morning hopefully everybody is doing well for starters. This is my project should be plucking most this weekend. This is my first time ever doing this I feel with anything in life if you really try hard you may not be perfect but you do very well.
I give me a c grade for my first run
Thank you everybody could have done it without input from this community and the seeds from this place. Shout out to ILGM your cool beans in my book will be repeat customer.

4 Likes

Those look fantastic. Very pretty ladies ya got there. Have a great harvest!!!

2 Likes

I came home opened up my tent and this is growing out of my buds. What’s going on I’m pulling these this weekend. Does anybody have a logical explanation and what’s going on I’m a newbie I’m nervous now. Please help me seriously please thank you everybody you’re awesome
I’m old so if anybody remembers creep show and the one with Stephen King when he found the meteor. That’s what I feel we’ll just hit my bud. :open_mouth::frowning_with_open_mouth::anguished: These are going 14th week popping out of the soil one inch that’s what I considered birth :ghost:

3 Likes