Going hydro first time. What’s the absolute fastest harvest from seed to harvest ilgm sells?

Hey guys. My first soil indoor grow has been a complete disaster and I’m moving on to hydro

What are the fastest from seed to harvest seeds ilgm has to offer? I’m going 5 gallon pots 5 of them so a couple different seeds would be great. Thank you

I would like to buy seeds ASAP :grinning:

Thank you all

1 Like

It depends more on the genetics of the individual plant rather than strain. Cannabis is generally capable of flowering at between 4 and 7 weeks (including both autos and photos,) though we have seen them flower as soon as 2 weeks and as late as 12 weeks. No seed company can guarantee anything in terms of time to start flowering. Once a plant is in flower it will take 8 to 11 weeks for the flower to ripen for harvest.

The best you can do is get an auto or manage a photo with your goal in mind. If a photoperiod plant, then flip the lights to 12/12 a couple of weeks into veg. All you can do at that point is hope for the best.

3 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

Id lean towards the indica varieties. Sativas have a tendency to flower a bit longer (typically) so going the other route may help.

Other then that, its like @MidwestGuy mentioned, a phenohunt for fast flowering genetics

3 Likes

Great tips from the other cultivators and hope you did your research on Hydro if your soil grow went south. Different equipment needed for a successful grow in hydro with res temps being the biggest hurdle you’ll have :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

One of the earlies strains in the sativa category and the regular non auto too, has been pure Lebanese. Its very quick to change to flower and finishes relatively fast.
Liquid hydro is fun to do, I must say though, it is very hands on. Id highly recommend you research the heck out of it. You need to keep reservoir temps coolish which generally requires that the fluid is kept in a separate area and may reguire a chiller. You must keep ph in the right range at all times, feeding is a pretty exact science too.
Make sure the growing area is contained in case of a spill. I cant stress this enough. You should be able to contain all the fluid in the system if it fails. Good luck and have fun.

2 Likes