Going for an explosive grow! Autopot fun!

lmfao, im so unsure now xD pay a lil more for less work a little more efficiency or pay a little less for more work. sure gonna be tighter with 10 cobs VS 6

2 Likes

It will. The v18 are smaller cobs though too. 18mm light emitting surface, as opposed to vero 29, 29mm light emitting surface. See what they did there?

1 Like

Or, if you decide to ditch the fixture later. Would make a lot more sense to grab pin sinks and driver for the vero 29 than vero 18

1 Like

but hey thats another project haha! ill do 10 V18, do you think it makes sense 8x 3000k 90cri with 2x 4000k 90 cri? or 6 to 4?

Either would work. Think about how you’re gonna lay them out and see what gives best balance.

Took apart the whole thing. Heathsink seems not so bad imo. Two of these. Still wondering if i dont find somewhere to cut me a 5mm alu sheet or grind it

Depending on size, I ordered from eBay. 1/4” is close enough to 5mm right?

I would check local machine shop. Most have shear, they could custom cut you piece probably cheaper than shipping would be ordering.

blue being 4000k and red 3000k. I think that would be great! some more blue!

1 Like

ill try recycling first :slight_smile: then if i fudge something up ill try local shops haha. im ordering the 10 veros now!

1 Like

I like it. I would maybe try to offset on heatsink a little though. Just to spread out thermal load a little.

something like this?

1 Like

Currently cleaning the whole thing. Cut off the 5 connector to reuse.

2 Likes

Awesome! You may want to get a bulk size thermal paste if you’re not able to recover. For the plate to heatsink. Cheap stuff probably work fine there. If you wanna use good stuff for between leds to plate that’s fine.

i cleaned it all off, ill get cheap one and some MX4 for the cob themselves. what else should i look intop buying? 18g solid?

1 Like

Yessir! Mx4 is the best I know of, good choice!

Something like 25’ spill of 18awg solid should be good. Check though because sometimes you can get 100’ for $2 more. And make sure it’s rated for 300v or more. You don’t want stuff for auto wiring.

1 Like

I built quite a few PC’S :stuck_out_tongue: Artic silver or MX4 are what we use. how many grams of paste do you think i need for both heatsink?

1 Like

Also, if you’re gonna drill and tap you’ll probably want more than 1 tap lol. Should use something like m3x.5x6mm screws. If you’re gonna do kapton tape instead, you’ll want a roll of that.

I can do like 30ish cobs with 4 grams. But I wouldn’t drop the coin on that expensive stuff for the heatsink. Whatever you have access to in small tub probably fine for heatsink.

Cooler Master IceFusion - 40 g High Performance Thermal Compound for 19$ 40g should be good for a long time lol.

10mm X100ft High Temperature Heat Resistant Polyimide Kapton Tape for 7$

i think ill do it with kapton tape!

1 Like