Going for an explosive grow! Autopot fun!

I really under estimated how a pure indica would stretch lol, it grew taller then the hybrids. still im glad my tops are seeds less and i still have lots of nice and smelly buds :smiley:

1 Like

Been trimming and smoking this :smiley: purple space cookie and purple god. Can you say purp?!

7 Likes

So I have been thinking of trying new light for the next grow. My roleadro 300w and my 65w quantum board emits white light and im loving it lol, the blurple is annoying as hell with my mars hydro’s.

@dbrn32 ive been looking at 315W CMH fixture but they come to pretty much same price as a led fixture. I came across these @ rapid led and would like to know what you think about these lights? I am not scared of DIY but would prefer not having to build the fixture itself… I am pretty limited in tools atm and usually ask my very nice neighbor but for this kind of project I prefer not to! Lmk what you think about these luminux and if its worth going a little cheaper

I was thinking maybe doing two 34" rails that they sell with one Cree in the middle of two luminux? 3 cob per rails.

1 Like

They seem to be pretty good. @Covertgrower has bigger model. If you go with them, I would go for the luminous. The cxm-22 just as good of performance as the others. Check timber grow lights too, they also have kits and completed fixtures.

1 Like

@Blasting @dbrn32 all out of likes.
If you can jump start a car, you can wire these lights. Positive (+) to negative (-) and your golden. I have the Cree CXB3590’s 3000K 90CRI I haven’t regretted this decision for heat management that’s for sure. I intend to get more eventually. I’m eyeing the quantum boards to add to my lighting first. Then more COB’s.

I think the vero 29’s are more efficient at the higher voltages? Either way, no matter the LED choice, I am certain you’d be happy. These things run so much cooler than anything out of the box from China or amazon. Not to mention blowing them out of the soil in performance. (See what I did there?)

2 Likes

The luminus are really tempting me! As for the wiring im not worried I can wire up a blast and blow up tons of rock hehe!

Still not sure If i want to do it as a whole or do two separate fixture, would be easier to manage light distance with lower/higher plants having two separates fixture, but that would be two drivers.

Two 34" inch rails, 3 luminux each two 3500k with one 3000k in the middle? I could start with one for sure and see how I like it? maybe spend more after on a cree one :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s about your budget mostly. You wouldn’t gain much from the 3500K to the 3000K. I would get all of the same. Purchasing a few at a time is definitely a good way to go for your budget. Either way, I know you’ll love them. I just keep reminding myself sure it’s expensive up front, but these lights will last YEARS. so it’s an investment. @Blasting that also gives me some insight to your screen name. Lol. Awesome. Always loved watching those guys do that.

1 Like

Thanks alot for your input!

Out of likes @Covertgrower @Blasting but I agree you can mix the two or do all the same. Really not that big of difference.

As far as electrical efficiency goes, the cxb pretty much rules the roost of 36 volt cobs at 50 watts or less. Vero29 d is better at 75 watts though. Pretty much all the 50 volt cobs are similar to cxb at 50 watts and better higher power levels. Bang for buck, I don’t know of one better than luminous at $19.

Any time @Blasting
@dbrn32 thanks for that clarification. I wasn’t sure. Hence the question mark. Lol.

1 Like

Also thinking of converting my mars 600w into a cob light. there are 4 x86v 0.63-0.65A drivers in there with two 12V fans, leaving me with 74V for two drivers and 86V for the two others . what do you think of that @dbrn32 something to recycle that blurple in real light just not sure what chips to use for the cheapest price.

probably not after smoking that!!!

2 Likes

Looks delicious @Blasting great work on your grow Brother.

1 Like

You know, I thought we’d be doing a lot of this. But this would be the first one here. Just thumb eyeballing it, bridgelux vero 13 would probably fit real nice on those drivers. I wanna say they’re around $5-6. Could probably make an argument for the vero 18 or citi 1212 too which would be around $9, but that may be a little over the top.

I think to get the most for your money best bet would be to wait til arrow has 10% and pounce on whatever they have that will fit from the vero se line. Those have built in holder, will save couple bucks per cob in having to buy holders.

3 Likes

something in these? would it be worth it? chips seems much less efficient then the other veros i seen @ rapidled right?

would three of these run on one driver that has no fans? so much option its easy to get lost!

Those heatsinks are notoriously small and heavily reliant on the fans, so I wouldn’t expect to get much light out of them passively.

What efficiency are you referring to? Rapid led only sells the vero 29, which is the flagship model, so will have a higher output than it’s smaller counterparts. But in terms of electrical efficiency, they all use the same stuff in different configurations, so not huge differences in one to the other.

In terms of cost, the vero 29 is like $30 and designed to run at three times the power level as the ones I stated. But I suppose if you wanted to do like two or three cobs total there’s an application for the 69 volt model.

2 Likes

I get it, same base but different voltage/current maximum etc? I understand most of it but its the driver parts that kinda makes me lost. not sure i totally understand what I can fit on one driver. what would you do if you had such a project? what kinda chips would you put in there? I am all open for suggestion as you are the master here, only want to turn this blurple into white light and some real spectrum :slight_smile: @dbrn32

1 Like

I would probably look to ease the load on heatsink a little first and foremost. Whether it be not using all of the drivers or not loading them to 100%.

After that, just need to know whether you plan on using for flower, veg, or both and what expected coverage area so we can decide target light spectrum and how much power. Then I would see what fit and the cost effectiveness of each.

I just randomly cracked out those smaller vero chips because I know they’re available in all color temps and cri and different voltage configurations.

On those drivers is there a voltage range that shows minimum too?

veg/flower.

Out 55-86V
0.63-0.65A

I use my mars 600W along my mars 700W and my roleadro 300W in my 3x3 tent, so for coverage lets go for 2x1.5? 2x2?