Godfear'$ new room

@Hellraiser runs some under canopy lights. I just finished up a grow that I ran sidelights on. I can’t definitely say that was economically feasible. But I do believe it helped with lower bud sites being denser.

3 Likes

Not familiar with growing in that medium, but will follow as I am starting a couple seedlings and it seems like sometimes its a struggle to get started, Once they do you can definately tell when it is healthy and in a good health as far as growing.

1 Like

putting light under canopy won’t change all the other rules for appropriate light density. It may help develop parts of your canopy some that wouldn’t otherwise get much light, as pointed out above. But I wouldn’t expect to harvest twice as much as you could expect otherwise.

2 Likes

I run under lighting sometimes, when I have a thickly populated screen and want some more light on the lower and mid level buds to get them bigger and denser. I’ve done many clones runs with and without under lighting and I usually get 2 or 3 more ounces with the under lighting, a 10-15% increase in yield.

This was my last flowering session, 4 girls in a 3x3x7 with a HLG 550 rspec on top and a HLG 135 rspec at the bottom pointing up at the bottom of the plants.

4 Likes

Thick ladies.

2 Likes

Agreed :+1:

1 Like

@dbrn32 how do I increase my yield then? Spoken to a few people and some say there pulling 24 pound off 6 plants is this even possible. I have only eva done 1.5 per plant as a friend off mine was getting 2.5 per plant I just can’t seem to reach that kind off yield fml

Strains play a big role

1 Like

Yeh I know. Using Bruce banner 3

4 pound plants indoor doesn’t seem very common. You would have to ask all the pertinent questions and see if that is a reasonable model for you to follow.

Most of the commercial grows (people with large investments growing for money) do exactly the opposite. They usually don’t have a ridiculously high yield per plant, but instead have a lot of plants. The idea is to not invest a lot of time into growing/training large plants. Instead of wasting time in veg the use the space to gain an extra harvest or two per year. I also haven’t seen any of them running lights underneath their canopy.

Imo you should look into how the multi million dollar facilities grow. These are are the places that pay tons of money for professional growing consultants to setup their space, develop profitable business plans, and are usually successful.

3 Likes

Could I go smaller pots and put another two extra in my space? Room is 6m long x3m wide @dbrn32

I’m sure you could.

1 Like

With feeding is it ok to feed when lights are out. Would it be a good idea to change feeding amounts from when lights are off to on.

My understanding is that it’s best to feed right before lights on or shortly there after so, the plants can uptake the nutrients during lights on cycle. Again just my understanding :v:

1 Like

Yes I have that all happening. But now light cycles have changed do I change the feeding times

1 Like

I always try to feed right before or right after lights come on, throughout the grow :v:

1 Like

All good im doing that too. Il work it out thanks

1 Like

how we looking

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes