Gnats S.O.S. Please Help

You can use captain jacks dead bug all the way up to harvest.

2 Likes

Can take weeks to get rid of them you can also soak the bits in a gallon jug and pour it on when watering. I scatter a crap load of bits around the base of my plants and soak them into the soil as a preventive measure weather I have bugs or not.

3 Likes

I’ve been running them through the coffee maker does well, never heard of captain Jack’s, I’ll look into it , I just can’t wait till this run is done and start over I’ve never had a pest issue before and I was told there’s always a first time but I didn’t think it be this bad
Thanks for the feed back you’re all awesome

1 Like

Put a bunch of bits straight into the pot as a top dressing it won’t hurt anything they are made from corn cobs. If you soak the bits don’t use it as a spray it needs to soak into the soil, that’s where the larvae hatch. Just pour it in when you’re watering/feeding your plant.

1 Like

I’m throwing in the towel, I surrender they win I can’t get control of them I have 3 more plants stressing severely wilting turning yellow no matter what I do I’m not going to win
Thanks everyone all your info has been taken in consideration I’ve tried everything I could with out going to severe chemical pesticides… witch I ruse to use so chop chop clean out and start over
Peace

I’m giving it one last chance this time DE, I’ve it for a while it’s a messy product but since I’m in a tent sealed up, so I used my DE duster and pumped it directly into the fans and sealed it up I’m sure I’ll have a mess ut I’m not one to the towel in so easy and I caught myself loosing hope and it’s not me to just give up
The war goes on … stay lit … and thanks again

2 Likes

Yeah brother don’t give up just yet! It takes me awhile to get their numbers reduced once i notice they’re even there. I think the mosquito bits mixed into the top layer of medium/soil PLUS spraying the tobacco tea on top of the medium/soil will really reduce the population. I’ve never gotten them to completely 100% disappear, but there are much less in there. Don’t kill your girls yet, i believe you still have some hope!

1 Like

Woohoo! My first post may actually be helping someone instead of asking for help lol.

They make these little traps that use a black light and a fan to trap and kill flying insects and they are legit my guy. They are quiet and work just like a bug zapper except instead of zapping it traps them in the bottom and dries them out to kill them. I just bought a 2nd one from the hardware store a few days ago because I have a few gnats in my grow. I’ll drop a pic for you

:beers:

1 Like

That’s awesome…I’m gonna find out where to get them
Thanks

I believe I’m winning finally, DE everywhere, no gnats present in the pots just outside I keep dusting them, they are definitely dieing I even watch them die sounds morbic but ive been watching my girls suffer
The last time I used DE it was everywhere all through my house, wife was not hsppy…lol
Thanks to all, I’m starting to feel the war getting under control with everything being used in combination I should come out OK
Peace everyone

Woo hoo! I hate those @&$)(((“? (Insert favorite bad word). I used mosqito bits, DE and yellow sticky traps. Conquered them twice. I also treat all the regular houseplants. I had some bonus bucks at the local nursery and brought home infected plants😢

2 Likes

I use cloth pots and they seem to love them so I spray them down with to tobacco water and it does kill them or at least make them leave for the moment though the tobacco water is starting to get to me and I don’t feeling masking up did that enough …lol so I’m going g to switch to a solution of water peroxide and dawn dish soap, it does wonders, though I would not advise to spray directly on plants
I pulled them all out and treated the outsides of ootsxsnd gave them a good feed since I’ve been cutting back trying to keep moisture down , I seem to getting control finding a lot of dead under drip pans
The war is almost over … cheers everyone, I’ll be thinking of all of you at every 420. Peace

Banish pesky gnats effortlessly with Dawn dish soap, it breaks the surface tension of the water, making it difficult for the gnats to escape once they come into contact with the soapy solution. Pour this powerful solution into small containers like shallow dishes or disposable cups.