Gnats organic control

Hi everyone! I was having some problems with gnats. I was, and still am, using sticky fly traps to catch these little guys. I recently was able to obtain mulch/woodchips that had been sterilised with extreme heated steam. I have put a very fine layer of this stuff on top of the soil and vermiculite mixture that I use to grow in. I still have the sticky fly traps and I’m happy to say that the new traps I put in recently only have 2 on them. So if you’re looking for an organic solution to these guys. I’d be sourcing this kind of medium to help control them! Good growing!!!

1 Like

I love Plant Therapy and Capt’n Jacks Dead Bug -.

A layer of sand will work too

1 Like

I too am having gnat issues. I use stickies but they keep coming, now see leaves being eaten. I am using Roberts insect spray. I have used Neem, sand and Bonide Systemic House plant control ON MY HOUSE PLANTS when I bring them in for the winter. That works well BUT my question is…can Bonide be used? Veg state only I assume.
Help, the girls and I are going crazy!!!

Uses a natural occurring bacteria that kills fungus gnats as well as mosquitos.
Just follow package directions.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice…also today I introduced a cover of sand. I forgot until someone here suggested it.

1 Like

Diatomaceous earth works better than sand. Same concept. Cuts em up.

2 Likes