GL/WW Grow journal

Seedlings seem to be healthy, the gold leaf is looking a little off color but it’s still only has it’s first round leaves for the most part. They don’t seem to be growing very much though.

I threw 2 more WW seeds into water and they popped, put them in peat and they both sprouted so now I have 4 plants total.

I had them under a lamp, like a desk lamp, with a 100w CFL bulb. The majority of the light they were getting was just being reflected off the hood of the lamp. Now I have a light above them with the same 100w CFL bulb. They’re getting direct light now and I am wondering if that will be too much for them at this stage? I put them on a 18/6 on/off light schedule. I was reading that too much light may hinder their growth, and for the beginning I had them on for 24. They were thirsty today though. I ran had ran out of water and I gave them a dip and they soaked it up quick. Those peat pucks are tricky though, too much water and you suffocate it and if you let them dry out you’re out of luck.

How important is it to keep them in complete darkness in their dark hours?

First, your 100w CFL is NOT too much light. So don’t be worried. I put my seedlings under a 600w MH light (about 3-4’ away though) and they have always grown great with no stretch or anything.

Secondly, when it’s dark time for your plants, it needs to be completely DARK! Any light shining or coming through will not be true total darkness. While in veg, you can get away with it, it won’t necessarily be hurting your girls.

But, when you go into flower, you need complete and total darkness for at least 12 hours every day. Pitch black. Any light during dark period can cause your girl to turn hermie.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Update; Still growing pretty slowly, not sure what the issue is. They look healthy though and that is all that matters to me. Once they get to a stable size I can start with some actual light and maybe some food to hopefully get them to get bushy. The GL seems like the nodes are going to be pretty close together from the looks of it. Its cool seeing them develop characteristics already like broad leaves, darker colors ect.

How old are they now? And how far is the light from them?

Is that the same rule for auto flowers??@ktreez420

What rule is that @mannie? I’m not sure lol

About the light schedule?

Is this true for auto flowers as well? 12/12?

NO! Auto Flowers are the only exception!

Normal weed is considered photo period. Meaning, they won’t flower until the light cycle is 12 hours of light and AT LEAST 12 hours of darkness (you can flower a plant with a light cycle of 10 hours of light and 14 hours darkness).

Auto Flowers will flower with ANY light cycle you choose! Some people run 24 hours of light because they think it’s better. Some choose the normal 18/6 and just keep that. Some grow it 12/12 throughout. It doesn’t matter though because the plant with naturally flower on its own. Hence the name, auto flower. It will automatically flower when her genetics tell her to.

Hope this clears up any confusion @mannie :v:

1 Like

They are about 15 days old now. The GL is about 2" and the WW is closer to 4". Ever since I put the light closer to them I have noticed a increase in leaf growth though. The light is about 4-6" due to the fact that the two older plants are

Today I had a huge scare when I woke up. I opened my closet and my GL was laying over practically and all shriveled to heck. I thought no way it was gonna make it back from that but I watered immediately and then sprayed and put a cup over it for humidity and within 20 minutes it’s standing back up. If you’re gonna take one, don’t take the GL! Plants are pretty hardy though. Forgot about that balance with the peat pucks. When they start to run out of water is seems like they dive quick.

1 Like

Here is a picture of the GL before and after the water incident.

Family photo - need to get more light in here as they seem to be liking more light. I was worried it was going to be too much and burn some of the leaves but they seem to be liking it. The second best widow plant has shot roots out like crazy over the last few days. Going to transplant it soon.

1 Like

Been 9 days since my last post. These guys are growing so slowly! What the heck am I doing wrong here?

They’re all about the same size now, which is about 4". Two of the WW are looking not half bad and the GL isn’t looking terrible. The last WW plant to come up is a little special…has only been growing leaves on one side of it so far. It dried out but I was able to save it and then it had a small growth spurt. I got all of them in jiffy pots now so hopefully the smaller one can build a bigger root system. I wanted to see if they would root out of the pellet but they wouldn’t. On the 3rd WW I would see roots appear when I would check on them and then they would disappear and so I assumed it wasn’t rooting out due to the light. I potted it and it took off and out grew the 1st WW which had like a week or two head start.

It’s day 23. Do I need to be feeding these guys something in order to get them to grow more? They’re under 200 watt CFLs right now. They don’t seem to want to grow though and I am unsure why. They also have some discoloration on the leaves that I was hoping you guys could help me with.

Uploading…

Uploading…

1 Like

Yeah I would start feeding them about a quarter of what it recommends … So about an quarter of a teaspoon … Happy Growing

I can’t see your new photos, just says downloading

Lol I’ve been looking for a carpet seed for a while now.

I’m having some serious issues and I would love some help! I was gone for 5 days and I will be gone for the next 10 days. My plants have been yellowing slowly and now it’s getting pretty bad. I’m not experienced enough to be able to tell if its nutes or PH or what…The leaves are spotting, turning yellow over time, some have tan spots…they were looking not half bad and then all the sudden everything went to hell. I haven’t given them anything as far as nutes or additives. They’re growing super slowly too the nodes seems like they’re stacking on top of each other real close…

TIA guys!!

Fill out a “Support Ticket”

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted

in ground or in a container?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %? Day vs. night

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or
Bloom/flowering?
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and/or facts will help us help you 

1 Like

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?
White widow (3) / Gold leaf (1) all regular

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?
Indoor in a peat pot

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?
Closet, average size. They’re only about 4-5" right now.

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?
Soil, 50/50 perlite - peat moss mix. Miracle grow

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?
I am unsure but I got a PH meter I just need to figure out how to calibrate it.

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.
NO NUTES - except I believe the miracle grow soil has some plant food in it.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?
Around 68-70 degrees all the time.

Humidity %? Day vs. night
Not much, not super dry either though. The house is AC but I keep my room warmer than the rest with the heater closer to 70.

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?
2 CFL 100w (warm white 3500k) They have been fairly close and I noticed they’re pretty warm so I put them higher above the plants now. (About 4")

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
Just a cheap fan I run every now and then. I open my window to let fresh air in sometimes too.

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or
Bloom/flowering?

They’re like a month old in veg, I’ve had them on a 20/4 on off schedule.

Thanks guys I’m really concerned about my girls…unfortunately i’m moving really soon as well so I will be moving them soon, a good to make adjustments I guess.

Hey guys, I made another thread asking for help on trying to save these girls.

If anyone could check it out I would so appreciate it, trying to get some opinions on what to do.