Giving it a a try again. Ice Widow this time šŸ¤ž

Exactly what i was thinking but i do like hand watering. I did try one plant with straight coco last grow and it was much easier to manage. Iā€™m trying fabric pot this go. My 3 gal fabric pots need more water then 5 gal plastics. Plus i didnā€™t need as much cal mag when i was using cmh lights last grow compared to the new ledā€™s. Always a learning curve. Plus this widow strain likes to be on the lighter side of nutes. Still trying to find the happy balance and not let the salts build up with this new run.

1 Like

Autopots with Smartpot /fabric pots are amazing, the coco perlite mix isdeal over straight coco but you have to buffer it prior to planting.
Yes LEDā€™s make it heavy on the cal mag but worth it.
Autopots are such low on the work to results ratio. Strongly suggest it!!

Ya i really am intrigued with auto pots style. I would need a drain table or waste catch though? Ya this sunshine mix needs to be buffered too i found out the hard way. But i was using what i have left and i think the buffer got depleated after sitting a bit. So this grow the soil started hot and acidic. Hopefully things get better before they get worse! The lights are amazing and i couldnā€™t be happier but those chmā€™s where awesome too. Have to run heat more now due to lower led temps and will have to run large dehumidifier for flower due to wife always running the a/c. Been a hot spring so far in the north!

This plant is getting ready to go into liv8ng soil in the garden. It has survived the first 4 days of outdoor life. Survived her first major wind and rain storm last night.

Where do you live? Are you in red deer?
Those pots you have are very specificā€¦
Lol

You should plant in the 5 gallon pots and then you can put them into a autopot XL system =p

Ps you donā€™t need that stuff to run autopots there is no run off its a water saving gravity feed automatic flood and rain systemā€¦
Go look at my grow journals or YouTube it!

Lol they are popular in Canada due to pricing! I have some geo pot brand too and they are more square and take a bit more soil. Iā€™m not in Red deer though thank god lol.
Iā€™ll will def look them up for sure. Do you have to flush much or just the usual at the end and before flower type thing?

1 Like

I donā€™t flush them at all, lol.

Those pot pots brand fit inside XL autopots so even if you canā€™t find a Smartpot autopot buy a 4 plant kit and just put the 5 gallon fabric pots in (although you will need to eventually get root socks or have to check your trays weekly for roots).

Another Canadian, yeah!
May I ask what province?

Set to watchšŸ¤™

Hi,
New to the forum and novice as well. Is 5.8-6.2 the recommended range for PH? Iā€™m using distilled water/with foxfarm grow big but it seems to be more on the acidic end when i test is. Any tips for keeping it within the desired range?

That is the correct range for non soil grows yes, soil is different.
Get a PH up/down buffing agent and use it to re PH your water with your PH pen.
Distilled water is not worth it, strips your plant of minerals and is expensive even though you still have to PH it.
Whatā€™s your tds of your tap water?

Exactly what Nicky said. My medium is soiless so it does better at 5.8-6.2 ā€¦if you are using potting soil etc you want to be on the higher side of the spectrum. 6.5 and up i believeā€¦at least you know now that the lower end doesnā€™t work for youā€¦

Iā€™m having hard time getting these 2 plants back to good health. Does anyone think this was from too low ph. I did bring soil ph back up to 6.0 from 5.5ā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah and once they yellow like that they wont green back up just focus on your nee growth and keeping ph in check :+1::v:

3 Likes

Yea what pooper said lol

1 Like

Thanks man, i sure hope they donā€™t take a left turn again!

2 Likes

It happens no biggie, atleast you caught it early in veg and not while your flowering. Live and learn, you got this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yea Iā€™ve had 2 major downfalls with my plants and they bounced back pretty much over night I mean shoot look at this one itā€™s finally getting some good color and standing up to the light but yesterday all the leaves were drooping down and the main stem was leaning also

1 Like

If thst was the issue then yes because they look hungry but it may have been due to lockout.
It takes time to see change in soil and follow the new growth like said above by @Dbpooper

2 Likes

For sure! They can be strong plants though.

I grew this one one time and never gave it nutrients and gave it tap water . It was in a peat and perlite and top soil with cow shit. Grew in a window and never had much of a deficiency

2 Likes

Hell yea that thing stretched didnā€™t she? Lol or did you prune it that way?