Girlscout cookie eggsperimemt

I am growing 2 girlscout cookies on this grow and I am experimenting with something I saw on Facebook and they were doing it with their tomato plants,a woman had been told about this from one of her gardener friends, at the stage where I’m changing the plants from their small pots to their large pots,dig the hole a little deeper and get an egg and gently crack it on the top and then pop it in the hole with the crack facing up and then put some earth on top and then put my plants in and fill it all in,it’s supposed to work as some sort of nutrients and helps considerably with the growth development and aids in production more good quality bud, so I’ve done that with my plants and I have waited till 5 weeks in veg ,can anyone tell me if they have ever heard of this being done with weed before

5 Likes

Never heard of it, but always willing to watch a good experiment!

Im intrigued and here for the knowledge. Good luck

6 Likes

They are looking great at the moment and I think if it works for tomatoes then it should work for weed and they have had great success with their tomatoes,I’ve even got my brother doing it with his grow because I sent him the post about the tomatoes, I hope plenty more members keep a look in and that this grow does great,thanks for your support brother

5 Likes

I bet it boost amino’s in your grow. I’ve been paying $$ for those amino’s. But I’d want to really boost the effort by applying some fungus or bacteria to unleash those benefits. Of course those microbes are generally found in nature so why not let nature take its course?

Native American brothers and sisters taught us to drop a fish head in the bottom of your hole before planting corn.
I’ve used fish Emulsion in the past. Now that I grow in hydroponics I tend to use the chemical methods. But, I do use Beneficial Microbes. I would suggest using it with any type grow. All they need is a food source and some energy.

Using any type of raw refuse needs to be broken down. Leaving an egg or fish head is a great source of nutrients but does need to be broken down before your plant can access the full benefits. Microbes does this for us in nature but there is a cost to this. Some of these microbes can wreck havoc on a plant. So I’d want a beneficial microbe in my pot if I were to toss in an egg or fish head.

3 Likes

I plant in a worm humus,coco and pearlite and a mix of canna range nutrients from veg through to flower,I did like the I think it’s called flower power range from Robert Bergman plant food but I can’t get it in the uk anymore since the pandemic,so I just use the canna range now

3 Likes

Oh… An eggsperiment! How eggciting!

10 Likes

LoL your comment was eggxcellent!! :joy:

6 Likes

They are at 6 weeks in veg this weekend and I wanted to wait till after they had been changed in their big pot and given a few weeks to settle in ,I’m hoping to see a big difference from when I have grown Girl Scout cookies before

4 Likes

Following along brother. :partying_face:
Looking good so far. :+1:

:v:

2 Likes

Thanks for keeping up with me brother have you ever heard of anyone using the eggs

2 Likes

I know old school farmers here did it in their gardens but never heard of it for weed.
Hope it works out for you brother. :+1:

3 Likes

Never heard of it. Love the idea tho. In my younger days i used to put a panfish towards the bottom of each bucket

3 Likes

Yeah the post I watched that convinced me to give it a try was about tomatoes and it was told to her from an old time gardener that learnt it 50 years ago and she had had a lot of success with it so I thought I’m definitely going to give it a go

2 Likes

You never disappoint.

3 Likes

These are the girls new pictures at 6 weeks in veg and I’ll do them for a bit longer yet before I put them into flower

3 Likes

You have a good strain going on, I’m Smoking GSCX right now I think the shells are full of calcium and have heard the shells are good for plants, not sure about the yellow and white I would imagine they will rot

3 Likes

Here are my girls at 7 weeks in veg

4 Likes

Here are my 2 girls at 8 weeks in veg and I have just changed them over to flower from today

Should start seeing some nice changes now

3 Likes

Looking Good Bro ! Will be Some Good Buds, Coming On ! The Eggs Must Have Worked, Going to try them for my outside Gurellia Grow :dash::dash::dash::exploding_head::moyai:

3 Likes

Thanks bro,you will have to tag me in your grow when you do it so I can follow it

3 Likes