Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Autoflower discussion

@JKDjEdi @PurpNGold74 @Fieldofdreams
When do you think I could start “de-leafing” the big fan leaves.

Should I wait until like 3 days to harvest or do it sooner?

1 Like

I always do it way sooner than later, so that the light can hit the lower buds. Might be to late to do that now, your in the buds getting fatter stage, they’re gonna suck up everything out of them leaves anyway so in my opinion I’d just let things be. Lets see if the rest concur. just my 2 cents.

1 Like

@TroubleMan

I’m not so sure about the timeline based on the amount of white pistols still lingering. It’s likely a few more weeks unless you can get a good look at the trichs with a loop. That’s the real tell. See how far along the cloudy and amber heads are.

3 Likes

Short plant trichromes

1 Like

@Fieldofdreams @PurpNGold74
Tall plant

3 Likes

@TroubleMan Good pics. Be sure to focus in on the bud and not the little sugar leaves. Those leaves mature faster and will give you an early finish reading.

3 Likes

Nice pics!

2 Likes

Field hit the nail on the head. Good deal of sugar leaves are in focus. I saw one with bud and it looked pretty darn good. But id like to see more calyx trich coverage.

And Im also in the remove fan leaves all throughout flower group. Ill pull a few here and there every couple of days in flower. Anything that wont tuck and is blocking light from buds is gone by week 4-5ish

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 @Fieldofdreams @JKDjEdi
Now that I’ve setup the new setup and light should I raise the short plant up? I have a small stool that is about 10” high I could place it on.

1 Like

Ya I’ll take some better shots later today.

1 Like

Nice setup, wouldn’t hurt to raise it up, get even Steven lighting on everything.

2 Likes

@TroubleMan I give my shorties a boost too lol. An even canopy gets equal love.

3 Likes

Thanks! I love with this new light that I can take pics and they don’t come out purple lol.

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 I made sure to only put the scope over calyxes this time.

Short plant trichomes:

Tall plant trichomes:

2 Likes

@TroubleMan difficult to not say chop away based on those pics. Looks sweet!

2 Likes

Ya I hear you. The tall plant is def days away you can see how brown the hairs are (still hard to tell with this light). But the short one still has too many white hairs.

2 Likes

Some beautiful buds omg

2 Likes

Now that I have a better understanding of the possible phenos for this strain I’m hoping my next three will be much more frosty.

I’m going to use bottled nutes for one. Top dress with worm castings and living soil mix for the second. And create a living soil for the third that will only get water and occasionally worm/molasses tea. But I’ll create a separate post when that time comes.

3 Likes

Better closeups of each plant to see the pistils. The short one still has a week or so. The tall one might be days away especially after viewing the trichomes.

h

2 Likes

So I’ve been checking into other threads and z’sforums about these Autos because I’m having similar issues as you, or it appears like we’re having similar issues. I believe mine is a lock out due to Phosphorus Toxicity. It’s minor thank goodness with the tell tale signs of the brown tips on the leaves and the little magnesium deficiency signs of some lightness in the middle of some of the leaves. Because of the (over dressing) my phosphorus levels are a little high. And that causes iron, zinc, calcium, and magnesium lockouts. The work around is foliar sprays. Add the nutes missed by spraying them directly on the leaves. But like you I’m a week or two from Harvest. Gonna let it ride. My point of all of this is that going through the forums it turns out that Autos really don’t need much to proper. One grower swears that a simple 4-4-4 feed could last the whole grow. Just a thought for you to ponder on. I’m gonna try this strategy on my next auto grow.

1 Like