Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Autoflower discussion

Im not seeing much of a nitrogen deficiency tho my guy… dark leaves. Clawing tips. Burnt tips… thats nitrogen toxicity if anything.

Even the yellowing. When nitrogen is deficient, the yellowing is kind of uniform and definitely drains the whole leaf. His yellowing is more of what u see in PK deficiencies. Blotchy and random as heck.

I agree pH is important, but i think your endpoint is a bit off the point.

Also…

Just wanted to point out he appreciated the help. So dont lemme rub ya wrong. Just callin what i see. Keep helping broham

1 Like

Thanks, my end point was that if your pH is off it will create a nutrient lockout. And adding more of this and that will just create bigger problems where a simple fix is just getting your pH right. After that then go with adding or taking away. I want to say add this or that but feel like it would be irresponsible if the soils not in check first.

2 Likes

Ok I got you now. The leaves were already damaged from the clawing that was caused prior to the molasses so they were already on a downward spiral. I misunderstood earlier. Let’s backup to the original issue (you can feed molasses all the way through yogurt grow-I do). I agree with @PurpNGold74 that typically it’s a N toxicity that shows up dark green and clawed. Since some time has passed when all of this has begun how does the new growth look on your plants?

3 Likes

@PurpNGold74
The primary clawing leaves are at the tops of the colas on the tall plant. So that means it’s a “immobile deficiency“ correct?

The yellowing leaves on the shorty starting from bottom leaves means “mobile deficiency“ correct?

I guess I don’t understand the difference between a mobile and immobile deficiency.

1 Like

So if I were to add nutes to my water next time should I add “Big Bloom” or “Tiger Bloom” or both?

@TroubleMan I have an elementary understanding of that as well, I haven’t heard of clawing as a deficiency though. I thought it was an ‘over’ of something to create toxicities. I feel like your dealing with 2 separate issues almost.

2 Likes

Should I lower my water’s ph to like “5” if the soil meter keeps reading high 7’s-8 and then check again?

Ya I think so too. I’m wondering if I made a earthworm castings tea with molasses at 5PH if that were lower the soils ph and help with the clawing on the tall plant.

The short plant I think I’ll keep my ph at 6.3-6.5 and add some “big bloom.”

Unless I’m totally misunderstanding how to correct them.

1 Like

Worm castings, really cheap stuff to get from Home Depot will help. That I have used and it does drop the pH. use a 1/4.cup per pot. I’m worried if you drop the pH in your water to 5, might hit your roots in a bad way. worm castings is organically safer way to go. maybe some saw dust or a straw mulch layer but that will take some time to work it’s magic. The only downside to organic growing is the time it takes to see a change. Once dialed in your golden. It’s your test run so don’t be to hard on yourself about it, we all went through this at some point.

1 Like

I just ordered a Blue Labs soil ph pen bc what I have is cheap and doesn’t read consistently.

My new soil ph pen arrives later today and I’ll update the true read of my soils ph.

1 Like

And here’s the other problem, your in organic soil using bottled nutes. If you haven’t noticed, I’m a huge organic only proponent. Mixing bottled nutes with organics is nothing but a disaster in my books. learn how to grow organically if that’s what you want. or just get some coco and use the bottled nutes, but don’t mix the grow styles up. Been there done that. just my 2 cents. lol… im here because I see a lot of me in this thread from my beginnings. Well, I have to get back to this vacation I’m supposed to be on…lol… I’ll check on you guys in a few days

2 Likes

@JKDjEdi
I’ve only used nutes one time. The second week of veg. Then I remembered with living soil I should water only. The only reason I’m bringing them up now is bc purpNgold suggested some bloom boost.

1 Like

Ok so… we should take this a plant at a time.

Whats are your numbers (runoff) for shorty then what are the numbers for the tall gal?

Shorty looked to need tiger bloom (2-4-4) but with that extra nitrogen in TB it may show more nitrogen tox… MAY. Id love to hear her pH and ppm before u add.

Tall girl looks just fine. But still knowing ur numbers will help with what happens next

1 Like

I got my Blue Lab soil ph pen but didn’t realize it doesn’t come with ph calibration solution. So I’ll be measuring soil ph later today after I calibrate.
Sheesh you’d think for $160 it would have came with powder or something lol.

It’s not quite time to water yet. Will most likely water tomorrow or Tuesday and will tell you the runoff ppm numbers then.

Out of curiosity, if the soil comes back as a 8ph do I lower it by watering with 5-5.5PH water? And opposite of the soil ph is acidic?

Thanks @PurpNGold74

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74
If my soil ph is too high like an 8, is it better to use “Espoma Soil Acidifier Organic” or just make my water acidic?

2 Likes

T

Someone here suggested that to me awhile back, can’t remember which thread seems like it could help. I had an issue last year with something (not related to pH) and they suggested I use the worm castings. I dumped a cup of the stuff as a top dressing. week later after doing my routine checkups I found out the pH had dropped in my soil. So the worm castings will do that if your not on top of it. I don’t think it’s the worm castings themselves that does it but the breakdown of the worm castings is what causes the pH to drop. Anything that’s broken down in the soil will drop the pH. And worm castings is not high in npk so your safe from any nutrition burning. Yeah get that pen calibrated and check the soil. You’ll be alright.

2 Likes

Doing a good job looking good this end.

2 Likes

Thanks! Especially for checking in during your vacation!

2 Likes

Looks like Shorty should be good with next watering (water only)

And looks like I should flush the tall plant.

Then read “soil ph/runoff ppm” for each.

I should shoot for 900-1,100 at 5th week of flower do I have that correct?

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 @Fieldofdreams
Shorty with yellowing leaves:
After watering with tiger bloom

PPM 1450

Soil PH 6.5

Tall girl with clawing leaves:
After watering with big bloom for the earthworm castings

PPM 2333

Soil PH 6.4

2 Likes