Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Autoflower discussion

@TroubleMan a week seems really soon with all those pistols being so white. I couldn’t get a real good look at your trichs, they get a little blurry when enlarged but seem to lean towards a lot of clear on the sugar leaves which should amber up first.

Do you typically wait for the pistols to change color and recede?

3 Likes

Two weeks to go or so on that one

1 Like

Yes I usually do. I wonder why the pics look blurry on your end? They’re supposed to be high def and look good on my end.

Well if y’all think it might have 2-3 weeks left I’m going to give it another feeding. I’ve been giving it water only for the last week or so to get ppm low because this week was estimated harvest.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Only blurry when I expand them out to get a look at specific areas.

This is what I refer to for rh numbers.

2 Likes

Have to agree with @Fieldofdreams. To many clear crystals still. Maybe hold off on that water only for another 2.

3 Likes

Thanks grow fam!

2 Likes

They got you covered. The new growth is probably spurred by the last good feed. U may have went water only too soon n she’s showing it. Id plan on 3-4 more weeks just to be safe… crap news but on the bright side? More weed! Haha

2 Likes

Ya I’m giving some tiger bloom + sweet n sticky tomorrow morning. Then one more time 3 days later. Then I’ll go back to water only for the last week or so.

@PurpNGold74 @Fieldofdreams @JKDjEdi
This plan sounds solid right? Some tiger bloom+sweet n sticky for another week/week and a half before going back to water only?

@TroubleMan i think once you get some ambers on the bud then re-evaluate imho

2 Likes

I was taking this to mean go ahead and feed the nutrients. Then when I see ambers give it a flush.
So I fed this morning.

Ppm of solution was 315

Tested runoff ppm after feeding and got 1126.

2 Likes

Gave water + sweet n sticky today

Runoff ppm = 758

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 @JKDjEdi @Fieldofdreams
I’m starting to think I fucked up moving the short plant closer to the light.

There’s soooo many new white hairs making foxtails on each of the buds. While the older parts of the buds look ready to go.

I assumed it was heat/light stress so I turned the light down to 85% which helped the temp get cooler by 10 degrees F.

Should I harvest based off of the original bud growth trichomes or wait for the new white hair growth to swell/recede?

This was Friday:

This is today:

1 Like

Happens, doesn’t want to die yet. reaching for and hoping it germinates… horny bit h

1 Like

So don’t trip, just let it be?

I also read somewhere that if I increase night cycle and decrease day cycle it can help. I’m on 18/6 now, but maybe if I do 16/8 or 15/9 would it help it mature?

Majority of original fan leaves are dying/curling. There’s really only sugar leaves left.

BTW
This week is now the 15th week since sprout, and the 12th week of flower for the short plant.

The tall plant has another day or so to dry and then I’ll trim her and jar her up.

Up to you, if you want to wait it out and see, wait it out. If your anxious to get another grow going with the new knowledge you’ve gained …go for it. Some plants can’t mature fast enough because of the nitrogen, just blocks everything if you have to much of it, especially in flower.

1 Like

@JKDjEdi
It’s more that I was super excited about these super large buds on this plant and I don’t want the new growth to cause bud rot from the old growth or have the old growth mature too much. Does that make sense?

But maybe I’m just freaking out because this plant is growing so different from the other one lol

But I’m definitely waiting it out. I didn’t come this far not to see how these buds will look when they’re perfectly swollen.