Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Auto-Flower

This is my first grow. It’s day 11 and it is really small compared to the White Willow auto-flower. Is this how it supposed to look?

2 Likes

Sometimes they can have funky growth starting out, but end up normal after a few more weeks. I would recommend a transplant soon into you’re medium.
Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Honestly. For her size. I would put her in a final pot now. Then water around the bag she is in. I can’t explain why. But autos seem to take of faster that way, Once you have them going like yours. She is looking good though

2 Likes

Ok I transferred them today. The white willow is bigger than the GSC but I transferred them both since I planted them at the same time. I will be keeping you updated and getting guidance as they grow. Thanks.

3 Likes

Looking good ! You might consider gently peeling the mesh back above ground level, and backfill up a couple more inches of Soil. Just my thoughts good luck.

6 Likes

Yep, I would remove them while you can and plant them deeper though. I do it so the whole bag is covered. Your roots are going to want to try and grow out where it is all above ground :wink:

2 Likes

Ok so they aren’t in the pot deep enough? I was going by what pot4pot instructed. I will listen you you guys since it’s from your experience. This is my first grow and I really want to have some good smoke. I am not able to purchase it like I used to before I retired so I need this to be a good batch. Thanks for the help. I will be asking for more I’m sure.

4 Likes

You can see my before

And after the transplant, you just barely see the top of the bag

5 Likes

@Not2SureYet has got you covered ! I would like to add with seedlings in the bigger pot it is a good practice to water in 6 inch circular pattern. will Let Roots reach out and search for moisture. Also at this point the plants don’t take a lot of water. Good luck

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Hey hat being said, how often do I need to water it now then? Once a day?

So how often should they be watered once in the 5 gal. Pot?

1 Like

Good practice to lift the pot when it’s totally dry an get a fill of the weight. After watering pick it up again to check the weight let it dry out before you water again probably 2 to 3 days. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Are you in soil or coco there? Coco you want to water every day. or at least every other day when they are small. No need for a lot of water. 1/2 cup will do till you see growth. I am not a soil grower but what @kellydans says sounds like all I have heard before :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am using the soil from pot4pot the coco stuff and the soil with All the nutrients.

1 Like

And I’m growing outdoors. I know that makes a difference.

Hi @swaniegee welcome.
Im into my second grow now. Just put 3 gsce autos into my starting pottle after soaking in water for 5 days what it took to sprout tails.
Also an out door grower.
Ill tag along watch your progress.
Were are you in the world.
My journal is blackmoons arising.
Cheers

3 Likes

Thanks I appreciate all the help o can get. I wish I had soaked my seeds for that long I only soaked them 24 hours as I read in the pot4pot instructions. It is so much smaller than the white willow but I transferred them to 5 gal pots yesterday. I’m growing outside as well.

1 Like

Well you got them through the first hard part my friend.
Soaking them in water at all is new to me up til i found this site. I used to just put them straight in the seed raising mix.

2 Likes

If you want an out door to copy. @big123 is the dude to watch. I only soak till they drop then put them in a wet towel. I have let them go on their own before

:grin:California Outdoor Organic Backyard Grow - #118 by Big123

2 Likes

Ok guys. Today is day 16

white willow

5 Likes