Girl scout cookie grow

Metal Halide is NOT ideal for flowering. 400w is decent power but, for flowering you want HPS (HighPressureSodium).

how tall is grow space total?
how far do lights hang down?
how tall will containers be for blooming?

when you have those 3 numbers. you can decide best time to begin bloom cycle.
for example:

10 foot tall grow space
light hangs down 2 feet
container is 1.5 feet tall.

subtract the 3.5 feet from 10 and we have 6.5 left.
keeping in mind we need 18-24 inches of “safe zone” above plants also.
subtract another 2 feet.
down to 4.5 feet to work with.

if your plant is say, 2 feet tall. and you began bloom cycle at that point. it could, in theory, double height during bloom, and not cause a problem with height. that would equal 4 feet approximately. with some room to spare.

typically a plant wont double in size. more likely to increase by 1/3rd its size. but that is just a guideline to explain.

when you measure your distances,…you can come up with time to bloom based on height of plant.

If I remember right GSC are a 70/30 Indica/Sativa and it shows in the leaves when the plants get older.

I had my five Mother plants in Veg for two months before switching to Flower. From those five I got thirty one clones (most from the bottom branches).
I tried to control the height by topping them twice and they got extremely bushy with lots of branches. One didn’t get topped and it ended up over six foot tall. (There’s a growth burst during the first week or two of Flowering)
With my clones I won’t have a height problem because they are already mature and I can put them in Flower after about three weeks of Veg (to give the roots a chance to mature).
With so many clones I can afford to experiment. I’ll only put five at a time into Flower every two weeks so I’ll be able to harvest every two weeks.
Yours are looking good and let me reemphasize that they shouldn’t need any nutrients during the Veg stage because that Ocean Forest is some great stuff. I have thirty six plants all together and didn’t feed any of them until I started to Flower them. Now I have nineteen in Flower and all are doing great.

Update @AgentJay @Richard51 @fnd something on the foliage is starting to show what can it possibly be? Only other thing then water. was I added the grow big ,half the dose of the recommended fox farms nute chart said to.

Two of mine did the same thing but didn’t seem to hurt them. Thought it was heat stress so I raised my lights and they stayed the same. Room temp has always been good and I gave them no nutes.
They stayed like that for quite a while and are now doing well in Flower.

Thata kinda odd . The leaves seem to be curling like a taco . I topped both plants and now new tops are starting to show. how long did you veg for ? And did you use any nutes in the vegatative growth ? @Richard51

New growth from when I topped !

I kept mine in Veg for nine weeks before switching over to Flower. I screwed up and started my seeds in Miracle Grow. Never do that because you have no control over the nutes. I transplanted into Ocean Forest when they were still seedlings and never fed them anything while in Veg.
Now they are all tall, bushy and three weeks into Flower. Unless the plants show a deficiency, they don’t need to be fed. If you feed and they start showing problems you’ll have to flush them and that’s a pain in the ass.

1 Like

Topped the Unknown at 3 nodes hope to get 2 more tops

the sativa dominant GSC grew some new tops !

1 Like

The sativa dominant plants seems to be having a calMag issue starting what can I do to fix this ? And what could be the cause @Donaldj @AgentJay @Richard51 @Majiktoker @latewood @yoshi I’d like an input from more experienced growers . Thank you

Here is a nutrient lock out chart
Basically it will be caused from other deficiencies, or nutrients in excess, if you use some camg+ with flora grow it should take that problem right away

Id find maybe some vitamin b1 as well it has manganese, iron, and zinc mix that with a 1/4 tsp of flora grow with a 1/4 tsp of vitamin b1 and 1 tsp of camg+, Also Maybe Before You Feed Flush With Epsom Salt To Wash Any Other Toxins Out Of The Soil And You Don’t Risk Further nutrient lock out

the gsc are a few days from being a month . I don’t have access to hydroponics store that’s near me . So I was wondering if I were to use Epsom would that help the problem ? And If so how much should I add to a gallon of water ?thanks for the input @Majiktoker

You would use about 1/4-1/2 tsp per gallon, you can order flora gro for 10-$20 or order the flora trio for I think it’s $40-50$, or an easier way to flush and save money is for example if you were to feed with a gallon, than you could water with 2 gallons of regular water, and that should do the trick to atleast balance soil back out.

Epsom salt is available at local Wal-Mart’s and also CaMg+ can be ordered for fairly cheap I think it’s 10-$20 for a descent bottle of it should last a couple months lol, and Epsom salt wouldn’t cure the deficiency, it will help wash all other built up and stored nutrients in the soil, and clear soil of any remaining nutrients, basically takes you back to a fresh start, after you flush wait until soil drys than feed it and that should help fix your problem and vitamin b1 is available at home depot

I’m going to try that out and post updates when I do!! I have the grow big fox farms nutes you think I should start the plants on that. And how much do I add to a gallon

Fox farms are great nutrients but very powerful if you start them on those read directions on bottle very carefully I’m pretty sure most will be 1/4 to 1/2 tsp when mixed with other nutrients per gallon, other than that I think it’s 1tsp per gallon for light feeding and 2 tsp for heavy feeding, again read the directions and double check. I use flora grow for veg Fox farms and combos of other advanced nutrients for flower

Molassess is a good cal mag replacement , and it helps the organic micro in your soil , but 2.5 ml of cal mag will fix it .

1 Like

I never had good luck with that stuff lol

I’ve used it several grows early on in vegging to help the micro organism in the soil medium like Fox Farm a Ocean Forest , and it helps with raising the iron levels ah little , but cal magic , Botanicare cal mag or Calmag Xtra by advance will all help fix the cal mag issue I think .

1 Like

I’m on the same page I think it will help fix it

1 Like

I’ve been seeing a lot and even saw some videos on YouTube about using molasses…

I Know It supposedly fattens Up buds but what else is it supposed to do?

Is it just for flower or is it every watering?

How much per gallon?

-Thanks for any info