Girl Scout cookie eXtreme! Grow journal

i am set to watch

2 Likes

@dbrn32

So I finally broke down and bought a couple of LED lights 1HLG 120 quantum board and one for 80 W HLG was for quantum boards. My question is what footprint can I expect from these lights if I can buy them? Do you need these are good lights?

5 Likes

Qb 288 from hlg is great, do the boards have horticulture lighting group on them? Also, im pretty sure you will need more than one board on that driver to run properly.

1 Like

Yes they say hlg on them.

1 Like

Should I get another driver?

1 Like

If you can identify model number on boards and how many of each you have i can help more.

I have a 480 meanwell driver attached. Can I put more wattage to them?

2 Likes

After a bit more research I believe it’s a hlg550V1 I think. How much wattage can it hold? Can I upgrade the driver. Is it really just as simple as upgrading the boards?

2 Likes

Hlg-550 had four qb 288’s. If you have all 4 boards that is the ideal driver. Wire boards in series and you should be good to go.

Swill this replace one of my single end 1000w MH/HPS? And than you for your time buddy.

2 Likes

Yessir! Has about the same ppf as typical se 1000, draws roughly half the power, and eliminates bulb changes for roughly 50,000 hours run time. Not sure where or how you came up with this, but the first models were released maybe 5 years ago.

2 Likes

Good morning! Just a update on the gscx. This is week 5 and looking good so far.

4 Likes

@Graysin @Spiney_norman @kellydans @dbrn32 @VirginiaGrowBoy @PurpNGold74 @BudzMS @GreggT

2 Likes

Also can anyone tell
Me why my buds are doing this? Is it strictly genetics and a poor calyx to leaf ratio? The long leaves covering the bud. My last ILGM strain did that as well. Not all of them just about 80% did.

1 Like

1 Like

While about half of ILGM look like that. The Archive genetics look like this

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m leaning toward genetics. I have had a few strains generally that were truly horrid. Melonade, 2 Zkittlez and a Chocolope. The Melonade was the only non-ILGM seed.

4 Likes

Yes I agree… I get the Do Si Do auto flowers for my first ever inside. I posted that picture on Bud of the month and that was my best looking plant. Honestly the only one that didn’t have leaves sticking out of the buds every centimeter! This is what I’m referring to when I question ILGM genetics. I’m not bad mouthing them or anything like that without I’ll GM I would’ve never met all the great people on the site I never would’ve got my first seeds that all germinated and grew. But from my observation all of the strains are not close to being worked as much. The purple punch was just a phenomenal strain rockhard nugs great calyx to lead ratio. :person_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

Mephisto Beary white day 54 how’s she look?

5 Likes

@Graysin @dbrn32 @Spiney_norman @Mosca @BudzMS first mephisto grow! Beary white strain. 54 days in grown in Koko bop! (Not my first choice but it was on sale) from fox farm. Watered every other day 1.5 liters. Ph 5.6-5.8

3 Likes