Girl scout cookie extreme auto first grow

This is exactly what i needed to hear. Great info thanks a ton!

1 Like

So its been a busy day but i did at least pull a little soil from one of the front pots. Put maybe 2 teaspoons of soil into some distilled water in a solo cup. Its been sitting all day. When i check the ppm i keep getting 170ppm. pH 6.8. I know thats obviously low but if thats so why do they look so good and theyre growing a lot everyday…i guess ill have to feed soon but im skeptical ive never fed by ppm readings ive always fed when they appeared to need it. I suppose ill still do that, theyre fine so i wont change much for now, but i know its reading low ppm so Im expecting the plants to tell me soon. Or maybe i should just feed em now. What do yall think?

1 Like

18 days from germination today. Did slurry tests on all 9 pots. Avg ppm was around 280ppm. Avg pH of 6.7. So i decided to feed a little today. I did 5grams maxibloom, 4ml calmag, 6ml molasses to 4 liters tap water. pHed to 6.7 and was around 750ppm

1 Like

Been following along Thisguy. Looking :blush: Amazing so far. Just curious to know what does the molasses do for your plants.

1 Like

Thanks! From what i understand it really helps build a good environment in the soil. Here’s a snippet from an article i read when i decided to buy some…

“Blackstrap molasses has undergone multiple boiling and extraction processes, so that it has the highest concentration of vitamins, micro and macro elements. It is very rich in calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and other valuable elements.Molasses is the perfect food for microorganisms, as it gives them the ideal environment to thrive. When you supplement soil with molasses, what you’re doing is, therefore, not so much feeding your plants, but feeding the soil and the microorganisms in it. Along with providing the microorganisms with the carbohydrates and sugars that they love to feed on, molasses also has other benefits for the soil such as minimising the risk for salt build up. It even doubles as an insect repellent”

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Been reading a little on organics and building soils. Very interesting, your plants are looking nice and healthy.

Have been debating doing LST and finally decided, go big or go home. Started lst on tallest 3 so far…

2 Likes

All but 1 have gotten a little lst. Theyre starting to take up some space now

2 Likes

What size are these pots?

3gal for the most part…i think…

Yea some looked like 3 but some looked bigger. I’m thinking of using 3 gallon pots for my next auto grow instead of 5 gallon pots

1 Like

1 day after LST. Looking good and they’re starting to smell good too!

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

So those of you following along, you know im using maxibloom calmag and molasses for feeding. Well it seems to be working okay however after a lot of reading on organics, i would really like to try that route next time. So im going to be using the gaia green dry amendments. I just havent exactly figured out which medium to use id like to keep it as simple as possible. So to be continued on that subject. However these girls have already been getting the maxibloom so ill keep them going that way obviously but im super curious amd excited to try organics. It just seems so much easier to only have to water and amend every 30 days then to mess with mixing and measuring nutes every other watering…

Been following along for a while. Your grow is looking awsome brother. I have a couple of GSCE auto seedlings started to replace the two GG autos I’m harvesting. They’re a couple weeks b4 going into greenhouse. I’m all living soil organic and try to recycle everything (first year of organics). Loving organics but it’s not without it’s own problems but way better than using chemicals and much better for the environment.

1 Like

Here is a link to Professor Warkat’s latest grow journal with organics. He is on a hiatus right now but it’s a great read and worth the time.

1 Like

5 Likes

Trellis in place. They are showing slight signs of being hungry and since the medium is almost inert or very low ppm in thinking of ditching the maxibloom while i can and amending them with dr earth 3-9-4…

2 Likes