Girl problems šŸ™„

The soil is the best I can get here in Australia unless someone knows better(?)
I added some cal magic yesterday with some fresh water. I donā€™t have any Eason salts but Iā€™ll grab some ASAP.
So best option is to just water it out until the epson salts?
Iā€™ll turn down the heater and clean up the floor.
Foliar spray? Not sure what that is.
I hadnā€™t added any nutrients until about week 3 then I added 1 cap full of the seasol and 1 teaspoon of the thrive all purpose fertilizer.
Thatā€™s it. As for the ph my reader says ph6 at the top of the bucket and 4.5 at the bottomā€¦ maybe my reader for ph is no good even though itā€™s new.
Not sure if I missed anything?
I appreciate your help.
Thanks legends! :call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

Iā€™m in Australia, you can get quality cannabis friendly soil at any hydroponic shop. I use canna professional and their coco nute range.
A good PH pen is essential, i recommend blue labs but budget electronic ones work too but need more calibrating. EBay and Amazon both have specials when buying both ppm pen and PH.
Try to keep temps under 28Ā°
Being new myself I researched so much on here and found thereā€™s sooo much more to growing than just good seeds.

2 Likes

Just looked at the canna range. Itā€™s in WA so Iā€™ll see if I can find anything near me in Sydney. Just purchased a proper PH pen so will see how that goes when it arrives.
Thanks for the tips
:facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Update. Lowered temp. Changed water and added cal magic.

Also no Iā€™m not just testing them with the tester in the soil. :joy:
There are not drooping now :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:
Still require the Epsom salts you reckon?

Just found some canna soil on eBay. Appreciate the heads up. Was just getting the best stuff from flower power but this stuff looks way better.

1 Like

Iā€™d also recommend a clean grow space, uninvited guests love places to hide and once they come itā€™s war of a different kind :sweat_smile:
When I had similar problems it was because my PH was way off. ( because Iā€™d make a batch of nutes and use half one day half the next feed ) ā€¦ didnā€™t think the second half of my mixture would creep up in PH over 2 days :exploding_head:
My only solution to my problem was to flush with PH 6.0 water ā€¦ they bounced back 3 days later and yellow leaves started to go back to green.
Trying to amend soil or nutes is useless if you have ā€œlockoutā€ they canā€™t absorb the nutes needed because the soil is to high or to low.

1 Like

@Shanewise23 Foliar spraying is simply taking a spray bottle and putting water in it and adding in the cal-mag. You do this right before lights out, and ONLY before the lights are going off NEVER do this when they will have the lights on for any extended period as the water droplets act like magnifying glasses and will burn your leaves.
Here is a link, non-cannabis or competitor related, to a good understanding of the difference and why foliar spraying can work sometimes better than a top fed through the soil means. Not to say donā€™t do soil watering but this can help with serious calcium and magnesium deficiencies.
https://www.agprofessional.com/article/comparing-foliar-and-soil-methods-applying-nutrients

1 Like

Epsom salt at 1 tsp per gal. Watering to 20% runoff is the preferred amount during any waterings. No need to flush the soil quite yet either if that was what you were implying.
They look like they are bouncing back rather quickly which is a good sign. The brown necrotic spots and leaves will never go back to green and the tips may stay that yellowish because they look like the tips were pretty far along, but the light coloring between the veins will start darkening back up.
Yeah I donā€™t feel like the soil PH probes can necessarily workā€¦ there is too much solid material and the probes can only read liquids. That being said, I used to work for a water restoration company years ago and their moisture sensors they stuck into drywall seemed to work rather well. So maybe if the soil PH meter were something like a really high end piece of equipment, our moisture meters cost over $500 where I worked, then maybe there is something to it. General consensus here is theyā€™re too inaccurate.
I would suggest that, until you get your PH/TDS meter, using as little nutrients other than cal-mag as possible. Keeping the temps lower and trying to increase your humidity a little should help slow down your watering schedule.
Your light height. I am not familiar with the light maybe someone else is but I would think that 3 feet is a considerable height even in veg. There should be a manufacturer recommendation though. I would wait until you have things dialed in on the watering aspect though if you find a suggestion for anything lower. Too many changes at once can result in something changing for the worse and you not knowing what caused it.

1 Like