Giixer led lights fans

Good day all
Just wondering if anyone has ever disconnected the fans inside the housing of these lites. Because it looks like on top of the led diode lites their is a nice heat sink, thanks Clems-l640

If you removed the casing you might be fine disconnecting them.

Yea i was thinking of that but then I need to remount the transformers and such thanks bobbyd

You need the fans. Would need something like 15-20 square inches of heatsink per watt to run them passively.

1 Like

Dbrn32 you da man. I need quieter then the giixers wifes not happy with me right now guess I need to spend a little more money. Any advice you can give me on lites to keep my two plants going allready out $$$
PS Oh your right lite heated up quick

1 Like

Look for replacement fans that have low noise rating. What size are they and how many? I can probably find on Amazon.

Seems to be 3.1/8 square thanks dbrn32 for your time

3 1/8 inches = 80 mm fans, plenty of quiet 80 mm fans to choose from, also see if they are 2, 3 or 4 pin for plug and play compatibility.

1 Like

Hey Hellraiser, thanks i have 2 pin i have no idea what i have the lowest db I found is 19 but i dont want to end up with the same

I’ve built a lot of gaming pc’s for myself, friends, and my kids. When I want a quiet fan, I go with Noctua. db of 6 - 10, very quiet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NEMGCRQ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNjZEU1dRTUpKSFdFJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTE3Njc1SjM3T0xNV1dWUENOJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA3MzIwNzkzUzcwRExZODcxRVJBJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsMiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Will also need 3 pin to 2 pin adapters

https://www.amazon.com/OKGEAR-pin-Fan-Adapter-Cable/dp/B002PNL3IS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3O9UCQRV8VX0Z&keywords=3+pin+to+2+pin+fan+adapter&qid=1583441934&s=electronics&sprefix=3+pin+to%2Celectronics%2C190&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExSDFTRE9YSjVDRUFXJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjM4MjIxOVNYSjVIOFpXRlNGJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0MDYzOTUxVlFYSzFOS0g4S05OJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

1 Like

Nice Hellraiser, it looks pretty quiet thanks. dbrn32 might be looking also if I don’t here anything I will go with the noctua im going to need 5 of then little pricey but i need to do then i need to do I cant start over from scratch

1 Like

Those should work with adapters. I have replaced fans with artic fans and seen improvement too. They may be a little cheaper

Yeah the arctic fans are pretty good as well, not as quiet as the noctuas but they’re a third of the price, so might be tempting when you need so many.

https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Silent-Ultra-Quiet-inaudible-Configuration/dp/B0119SLG18/ref=sr_1_3?crid=349VVNFW9ZPAJ&keywords=quiet%2B80mm%2Bfan&qid=1583444047&sprefix=quiet%2B80%2Caps%2C336&sr=8-3&th=1

1 Like

Nice, thank you thank you i just did 3 arctic 2 noctua
This is saving me $ and honey should be happy love this site

1 Like

Unbelievably quiet ihave to check to see if they are running from time to time wow nice thank you dbrn32

1 Like

Hellraiser sorry I don’t know how to tag anyone to thank personally. I will install the two NF-A8 today you and dbrn32 been great in my opinion

1 Like

Just add an @ in front of their name like @clem

@FrostyBuds
@dbrn32
@Hellraiser thank you so much for your help all great advice

1 Like

No problem, glad it’s working out for you, happy wife, happy life.

2 Likes