Ghee and kief for butter?

So can I take dry ice kief and mix it with ghee then strain for butter? Do I need to to decarb? I am trying to make butter that is not so earthy first run was disgusting. All help is welcome and I know @blackthumbbetty is the cooking guru. Thanks too all you stoners! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

You do need to decarb.

1 Like

@blackthumbbetty after decarb, then melt down ghee and decarbed kief? How much kief? For how long? Then just strain through cheesecloth? Sorry I just dont wanna mess this batch up? Or should I just use trim? I dunno my brain goes in all different directionsโ€ฆ I need to medicate. Lol

1 Like

If you cook the bejasus out of the trim it will be dark green and bitter with chlorophyll. I personally would not ever waste kief on butter.

Decarb trim or flower in a 240F oven for 45 minutes. Add to (I use) coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of lecithin along with 3/4 cup of water. In a crock pot, cover and simmer for no longer than 4 hours. Strain through cheesecloth and chill. Coconut oil presses out of the plant material more easily than butter so your yield is higher. You can calculate an approximate % THC based on the strain and amount used. Typically I will use the left over plant material from dry ice kief and add sugar leaves and flower to get around 10 grams of THC (sorta) to 20 oz of oil. This makes a strong butter that I can make into edibles. Be warned that I have a VERY high tolerance so your results may vary. Keep in mind though that a strong extract can be reduced when cooking.

@blackthumbbetty will have more detailed information.

@Myfriendis410 @blackthumbbetty so o have a half oz of decarbed trim right now. (Have more trim, but that is what I decarbed). Should I just wash it everclear? If so then what do I do? Bottle it up after straining? Or cook alcohol out of it? If I cook how do I store it? Can I use that to cook with? Sorry I am new to all this and overloaded my brain. I really appreciate the help. I am just sitting here twiddling my thumbs trying to figure out what to do with it.

Also, should I just smoke the keif out of a bowl? Or is their some new fancy way of using the kief?