GH flora series feed order?

I think they are under the assumption that micro will be added first followed by grow etc. Because if you look at the trio bottles it clearly states the order they should be mixed. I remember confirming this somewhere on their website. However, dont take my word for it I may have misunderstood? Though I have read on several occasions that when mixing fertilizers it is important to do it thoroughly and in the right order to prevent elements from dropping out of solution. Which makes sense.

2 Likes

@peachfuzz is on a cruise, I think he said to Antarctica… :thinking:

but I know he does silica then calmag then micro, GD is the same… I am the same… because the fuzz said so… even though I don’t have micro, I think of it as veg A

4 Likes

Yup.

This is pretty much the reason nutrients are 3 part or whatever, because they’re not all stable together. Specifically the calcium and potassium silicate. You can successfully add them wherever, but you have to be careful that solutions are mixed well and stabilized.

If you look deep, most of the people building custom blends will just recommend you do one first and the other last. Being extra sure that solution is thoroughly mixed and allowed to rest before adding last. I do silica last, diluted into a cup of water prior to adding. This also allows to use silica as a little bit of ph up. I’m pretty sure bogleg does similar, and there are others too.

2 Likes

Yeah; as long as it’s dilute and goes into well mixed solution I agree.

Last year with RDWC I saw lots of salts precipitated out of my rez. I was NOT mixing in order and that is when I found out about mixing in order. This grow as I said, the solution looks like I just mixed it. Absolutely NO precipitate.

3 Likes

Good stuff! My hydro thimble continues to grow :joy:

1 Like