GG4 and a Runtz with Jack's 321

Trimmed up the runtz earlier tonight. 22.22 grams now curing in a grove bag. Got a pretty nice pile of kief from the little lady considering her size. If you don’t have one a trim tray is a worthy investment.

5 Likes

Runtz is curing in a Grove bag. When I opened it to make sure RH was where it needed to be it was amongst the dankest smells I’ve ever smelled. Looking forward to smoking some once it’s cured. If there was more of it I would already be smoking it. :grin: Definitely going to grow some full sized ones next grow.

Some foxtailing has started on Layla. She still has white pistils all over so IDC too much. She really is a monster. The two younger, smaller plants are all but done. Just waiting on trichs to get exactly where I want them. I think my 350R is gonna bring out purple on everything I grow. Here’s a bud shot and plant shot of the youngest plant. She’s on day 86.

I’ve dialed back the nutes and turned the lights down a bit. Coasting towards the finish line. I know trim jail awaits, but I wish those trichs would come on.

6 Likes

Looking mighty tasty. :blush::v:

1 Like

I recently saw someone post just take a pic and zoom in to see trichs. I don’t remember who said it, but thanks and I’ll give you a proper thanks if I run across the comment again. I can see it so much more clearly than I can with a jeweler’s loupe.

This is a zoomed in pic of one of Layla’s top buds. I’m shooting for all cloudy to maybe 5% amber. I knew they were close, but this confirms it. These girls are gonna be harvested this weekend. It’s a good thing because they have a really strong smell and I’m in the prohibition zone. I think the new UVA light had a lot to do with the amount of trichs this run.

I cropped and saved the pic to zoom it in some. You can zoom your screen to see it even better. Thursday will make 14 weeks since she broke through coco.

5 Likes

The un-cropped pic at the original resolution from your phone camera may be easier to zoom in on - this one I can’t zoom without it getting blurry.

A wild guess based on what I can see is that they’re all cloudy with maybe a bit of clear; a bit of amber.

1 Like

Here she is, foxtails and all. Lol. Closest bud to the front of my tent. When I reach in under the light the pics always look strange.

7 Likes

Last night I mixed up enough Jack’s to last til the end of this grow (unless I start doubting my judgement and put off the harvest). At the start I put three measuring cups full of Jack’s a and b in gallon Ziploc bags. Since the plants got mature I’ve been using three gallons of nutrient solution every day. There’s still a cup or more of each in those bags.

I did only grow three plants, but I’m amazed at how inexpensive using Jack’s is. I probably have enough to do this same grow 50 times for $130 or so. That’s amazing considering that I may have gotten three or four grows out of a dozen bottles of GH nutes. Go ahead and put me down for a permanent seat on the Jack’s train.

5 Likes

YOUR PERMANENT SEAT IS LOCKED IN

5 Likes

I just did the math on it in a different thread - it costs about $1.35 a week using about 50 gallons of water every week. It’s absolutely nuts how affordable it is.

5 Likes

That’s almost unbelievable, but I believe it because I’m using it right now. I saw a post in another forum from 2010 when I ran a search for how much AN would cost weekly. The guy figured how much it would cost him to use AN’s full line at the suggested rates from the master feed schedule for a 12 plant grow (6 week veg/11 week flower). He calculated it at $740 if he bought it from his local hydro shop or $790 buying from AN directly. I’d say it’s a safe bet that the the price has increased since then just like the price of everything else.

At those 2010 prices that’s $46.47 a week. Double it up and say you’re using 100 gallons of Jack’s solution for those same 12 plants every week and it’s under $3…in 2023. Add a little something for the rhizosphere and a PK booster into the mix and you’re still saving 90% or so.

2 Likes

Tried a sample and it was exactly what I was looking for. Checked trichs again and there was just a little amber everywhere I looked. Been a long night but the girls are now wet trimmed some and hanging in the tent to dry.

I didn’t think I was gonna be able to hang it all in there, but made it work somehow. Last grow the zkittles were compact with big buds so I basically hung each bud to dry. These girls were taller with smaller buds so I just hung whole branches or more. Figured that would help slow the dry down for me. 59% RH and 66° in the tent so that’s close enough for me at 4 in the morning.

All said and done this grow took 101 days. About 10.5 weeks of that was flowering. These girls were loaded with trichs. Can’t wait to sift the trim from today and dry trim the buds. Bet the trim tray will catch a nice collection for me. I now know I have a problem because the next grow is already completely planned in my mind.

6 Likes

I can only imagine how long that took. Nice full tent, my friend. :100::fire:

4 Likes

That is an awesome harvest. Nicely done :blush::v:

2 Likes

Thank you very much. Today is the eighth day of drying. Trim jail getting closer.

3 Likes

Curious on your drying times… And how well you held the %/° perimeters

2 Likes

Up until like Scary Movie 5 was absolute GOLD, dude. I still laugh my ass off at those movies.

3 Likes

Humidity stayed right on 60% (59-61) for the first five or so days. It’s down to 58 right now. After five days I turned off the dehumidifier. Temps have been 62-65° every time I’ve checked. It’s drying in a room upstairs with all the vents blocked off and the door is kept closed. Checked earlier and I’m getting sub 20% readings on all the stems. Tomorrow or the next day I expect to start trimming.

This pic is from late one night. The highs and lows reset at noon or 1, I forget. Snapped the pic because I was amazed at how steady the conditions in there were.

3 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

Checked a couple stems this morning and got one 14% and one 16% reading. I’m gonna start trimming when I get home tonight. Once I start I won’t quit until I’m done. Hopefully I’ll be able to get some help this time. It’s funny how nobody wants to help trim but everyone is more than happy to help you smoke. Lol.

4 Likes

Good-bye my growmies. I’m heading to trim jail for a loooooong night at least.

3 Likes