GG #4. 1st GROW JOURNAL

I just researched a little an you are right on the money…like dead on lol…thanks I appreciate ur help along the way. If you dont mind im going to ask you something else…I will be in the market for a new grow light soon and I was looking at the HLG 650R or ChiLED growcraft 6x 660w…would u happen to have any experience with either?

2 Likes

I have zero experience with either, but I can recommend any of those.
I personally would choose the grow craft. I like the bars spread out, and keeps the light intensity even across the canopy.

So it will come down to specs and price. I know two people that both of them, and neither complained, and have great grows.

I’m in no way disregarding the HLG light because they’re a great light too, but I prefer the bars spread out. This is my personal view and preference. I have a rapid led kit, with COB’s, love it, but if I were getting a light, I would consider one those mentioned above.
For the differences, I ask dbrn32.

3 Likes

Thanks I was leaning towards the ChilLED thinking that the lights spread out like that would be cooler then the HLG but thats just my theory… @dbrn32 what are your thoughts on a HLG 650R :vs: Growcraft 6x 660w going in a AC INFINITY 4x4?

2 Likes

I don’t know a lot about the ac infinity lights, but their fans have fairly good reputation. I think most would appreciate the more balanced light output from x6, but hlg-650r is a great light too.

2 Likes

AC INFINITY tent not a light…so you like the growcraft x6 better for a 4x4 tent? I appreciate ur time

2 Likes

Ahh, sorry. Ya I think it will allow you to run light closer to canopy in most circumstances. Opens up what you can do in a tent.

3 Likes

Thats true…thanks for the advice

2 Likes

If I was to turn my light down to 90% during flower just so I can see if it would lower the temp would it be bad for the flowers since the lights has been at 100% since week 1 of flower?

probably not for a day, but … light gives the plant energy to creat life, no? air circulation and more air circulation.

1 Like

Yup, more light = better yeilds

1 Like

Still struggling with the Lux vs PPF thing myself. If you only have a Lux meter, what’s the conversion on that to PPF? I have the Photune app that’s reviewed as the better light meter app on smartphones, and that measures PPF, but you still wonder about the accuracy. If I was doing farms of cannabis then a $500 PPF meter is a no brained … but for a small yield growers like most here, I’d rather through the money’s on another tent.

1 Like

Pic of the ladies today

5 Likes

Definitely, I never checked my PPF…curious to see what it is but ill getting a new light for my nxt grow

1 Like

I think you should. :grin:

Your girls are gorgeous Brother!! :+1::+1::sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks brotha, im trying my best

1 Like

I want to make a tea for the ladies today. Im just using worm casting an molasses. How much of each should I use per gallon on water? And should I PH it after?
@yoshi @Mr_Wormwood @BobbyDigital @MrPeat @MidwestGuy @Covertgrower @Agrestic @AlienBrew @Audiofreak @Hellraiser

@HippieRunner @Dankloud @dbrn32 @Dman1969 @Low @kaptain3d @latewood @PharmerBob @PurpNGold74

1 Like

I don’t make teas. Sorry.

1 Like

Yeah that’s like wayyy above my pay grade
Kudos to you for doing the tea

I’m have not the XP nor have I leveled up to the point you’re at

2 Likes