GG #4. 1st GROW JOURNAL

You’ll be amazed how quickly you can gain knowledge here. My advise is to read very journal you can. It’s a great way to learn the good and the bad

5 Likes

Looking good G, good color healthy looking to me. I just started organics with the dry amendments. I treat the Soil to cover weeks 1-4 then again for 4-8 then again to cover 8-12. First 75% veg second 50% veg nutes then finally 25% veg. 75% Flower seems to be working: i supplement with black strap. Easier for me than fox farm trio

1 Like

Instead of sprinkling the Mosquito Bits on ur soil, it’s best to soak 4 tablespoons n one gallon of PHd water. Soak’em for 15 to 20 minutes n use the treated water to kill the gnats larvae. I put the bits n a coffee filter so I don’t have to fish them out later. Poke a bunch of holes n the bottom of a solo cup, n put the coffee filter package n the solo n let’em soak. This method is recommended on the back of the Mosquito Bits package. Good Luck on ur grow, looking good so far. :+1::+1::v:

4 Likes

It looks like you are on the path to some healthy girls. The color looks to be a nice shade and the leaves seem to be thriving. A good trait GG #4 has is that it’s very mildew resilient.
Make sure to keep up on spraying for bug/pest prevention. Captain Jacks is a good all around product. We like to spray our garden every few weeks regardless if we see any signs or not. Better safe than sorry.
You could always look into brewing an organic tea. This helps the soil to come alive and benefits the plants and many ways.
Happy growing…

2 Likes

There r other methods to rid ur self of pesky knats, hydrogen peroxide n water at 4 parts water to 1 part peroxide, n I believe I read somewhere on the forum that milk actually works. It’s been awhile ago n I’m sure I was baked, but I’m pretty sure I actually read that here, somewhere?? Just passing it on the way by. :v::v:

1 Like

Bare in mind tho that peroxide will indiscriminately kill every thing living in the medium , I dunno but maybe even disrupt the molecular link between medium and root ? Don’t get me wrong I LOVE h202 ! It’s my first weapon in the armoury so versatile, ensure you make the right % for the right job it is to do , effects differ radically from 3% - 10% after that lol well your bleaching hard . Had heard milk is great for powdered mildew but that’s cool if it does knats too nice trick

1 Like

Ur correct, I should have included that info along with the post. My bad, sorry for the mistake. No more than 3% peroxide, I’d suggest looking into the effects of peroxide before using. This method is akin to a flush of all nutes, not recommended for anything but well rooted plants. The milk thing I wasn’t sure of n it could well b powered mildew, should have checked myself. Again sorry to everyone, my bad. :pray:

Whats up guys, so I watered the ladies with some cal-mag at 6.5ph an top dressed them with worm castings and 4-4-4 and they seem like they enjoyed it. The pics ill post are 2 days after I fed and watered. How often should I top dress or does anyone have any recommendations. @Dman1969 @MeEasy @AfgVet @AlienBrew @Covertgrower @Leholf @anon86641082 @Dankloud

5 Likes

Lookin good :+1: ! Worm :bug: :poop: is the shi*!! And later in flower fish :poop: and bat :poop: come in handy too! Ain’t it crazy that :poop: can be a good thing! Things that make you go hummm!:thinking: Keep on keeping on!
And I hope your high as
:giraffe::lips::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

@Dman1969 it is crazy, it seems to be doing really well at the moment… quick question, should I water with cal-mag every water?

2 Likes

I do and don’t have any problems. But I don’t on feed days. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Great method! If it were me I would top dress every other weekend. When I make teas (every Sunday) I use the worm castings and humus from the teas to top dress the soil. Just as alittle bonus. It sure aint ganna hurt nothin :wink:
Keep up the great work. Sometimes less is best.
Happy growing…

3 Likes

U can use the cal-mag through out flower, ur the one with eyes on the grow, so as long as u don’t see any issues. I’ll top dress with worm castings as often as I feel the need to, nothing pre-set r scheduled. If I see some settling soil depressions, r the castings gots some lumber r woody additives drying out to quickly, no harm no foul. Ur ladies seem to b enjoying themselves, from the look of things. :ok_hand::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Plants are a little droopy about 2 days after I watered, I tested the soil with a moisture meter and there are already dry. What could cause the droopy leaves if I didn’t over water. I use the moisture meter to test soil before every water bc im a newb an scared to over water.

2 Likes

@anon86641082 what do you top dress with?

1 Like

@AfgVet @anon86641082 @Dman1969 @MeEasy @anon84397802 forgot to tag about my leaves being sad

3 Likes

looks to me like they are dry and need a good watering, the whole pot of soil, not just a ring around the plant as it looks like you may be doing. Give them a good watering until water comes from the bottom of the bag. Then let them dry out. Your plants are large enough to handle a good water to run off every time.

Start picking your bags up when they are dry and as well as right after a water. Learn the weight of the bags when their dry vs wet. That will be your best gauge.

7 Likes

My two cents… leaves get droopy when over watered and when they are thirsty. The way to tell the difference is when over the leaves alone will droop and when thirsty the stems droop with the leaves

6 Likes

Thanks @AfgVet & @MeEasy , I have a compost tea almost done that I will water them thoroughly with, ill post pics after to see if there is a difference.

4 Likes

After I brew and feed my teas I will sometimes top dress with the humus and worm castings. Not always just when I feel like it.
Watering can be super tricky. I like to water my plants just enough were they will almost dry out in 24 hrs. Plants would probably start to ‘droop’ at about 36hrs betqeen waterings. This changes due to weather and temps. Even high wends can dry the soil out at a faster rate.
I learned with the fingure method. Once you water stick your fingure in the soil. All the way in the soil to your upper knuckle. The soil should feel 100% wet and you should get some dirt stuck to your skin. Come back 12 hrs later and do it again. The soil should feel a bit dryer and you should not get so much wet dirt on your skin. Check again in a few hrs.
Once you stick your finger in the soil and it feels dry. Up to your upper knuckle. You should be able to see dirt on your skin but ot will be 100% dry. So dry that you should be able to blow it off.
Time to water my friend :wink:

3 Likes