Getting the max out of the lights you have?

Lol between 6mm to 6m lol…does your phone has motion sensor? The light app works best with phones that are equitp with it. I think is called motion sensor or something sensor…the app didn’t work on my cheap LG k7 but it did on my friends galaxy s7

1 Like

Yes but I’m more concerned with slowing my veg down, I don’t have room in flower tent most of time

in fact I’m thinking of taking my two four by four tents for flower and keeping the five by five only for veg ?

I don’t know for sure but I know I’m going to try a led somewhere this summer to save electricity and especially the heat factor (I spent a fortune running my air conditioner Last Summer)

I think I might do better with two of the $89 300 units ? …does anyone agree?

will I get better coverage in a 4 by 4 with the two smaller leds instead of the bigger one in the middle…?

3 Likes

I agree with that @Paranorman
That’s what I did with mine two smaller to make up same wattage you’ll be able to adjust lights to get better coverage
IMO

1 Like

I’m feeling you on this one bro I think that might be the way to go and they were daisy chain able if I remember correctly, the Viper Spectra 300 that is…?

1 Like

For sure doing it that way you have more adjustments if one plant is growing as fast you can adjust heights tobhelp that lady out

2 Likes

That’s how I wound up with the amount of light I own now lol
But no worries I’m rebuilding grow room at end of this grow and they won’t go to waste and as I stated earlier I’ll probably need a few more but that’s the price we pay for wanting the best smoke we can grow :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

I hear you I’m sold on the idea right now I have cuttings, clones in 6 inch square pots and plants in 3 gallon final containers so I think that would be the two small ones best, I’ll watch for when they have a two-pack on sale between now and the next few months, thanks for the info everyone :Thursday

… but now I have to I still have to decide on a brand, I’m kind of sold on ViparSpectra but I’m open to listening to anyone who has led experience!

1 Like

Go with you gut feelings ViperSpectra 300 are a very nice light for the price

2 Likes

Yes please @garrigan62 send that to me please and would it be OK to excerpt parts of it and post it here with credit to you?

1 Like

I use the galaxy hydros with good success bro
9 band uv and ir 300 watt acutual draw about 147 watts paid less than 90 for them I want to say 87maybe they have a dimmable one with daisy chain for 99
Check them out but The viparspectra light are nice :+1:

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Niala thanks guys and yes that is very helpful on the chart. And gives a good starting point based on led wattage.

1 Like

Just keep in mind the 300 has all LED’s on all the time. No veg/bloom sw. Might be cheaper electricity wise to run the 450 with just the veg on, if you’re using it for just veg.

You’d have to look at consumptions to verify.

2 Likes

I don’t see the breakdown on their website but they’re not super far apart as for average wattage. So, my take is the 300w is actually 136watts, I bet that is pretty close to the 450 without the bloom sw on, and it (450) might be more versatile down the road.

Continuing with panel LED lights…

So my next thought is if I am running 3 of the 140 watt side by side am I at 1.5 feet or 2.5 feet as combined they are 320 watts? Also I would imagine that where the lights intersect that the intensity would be much higher than on the sides.

My theory would be that I’m actually at about 2 feet for all three to account for the cross crossing intensity.

Now my last thought is does anyone know what the “sweet spot” light intensity is for growing weed?

1 Like

I would think you still stay with wattage per light not combined

1 Like

Problem is, the LED’s will overlap. When I used my light meter app and put it between my two LED’s it jumped way up. So, I knew I could separate them more.

I actually used my scrog net early on as a “grid” and checked each sq with my meter. :slight_smile: I tried to move the lights until most sq’s were about equal.

5 Likes

That’s a great way to get the most out of your lights @Matthew420
Going to set my new grow room up using that trick
How did you compensate for different heights of veg and flower did you set the light high to lay them out ?
Need more details lol

1 Like

And as a side not to that, I had to close the tent around my hand to measure the front. It was super low then I realized I wasn’t getting the reflection from the tent door. When I closed it, the light at the front almost doubled. I can’t remember the numbers.

Yes, but please put credit where credit is do. ok you can place my name under his as / Acquired by garrigan62 / Posted By Bob31

and wwe’ll be fine ok

Will .

1 Like

Good point man :-). I did it for VEG. But you’re right, on flower the light is closer so the “cone” of light is smaller. That’s why I added the LED’s tubes and why we might upgrade to 4 900’s.