Getting the house ready

Question: Is one 8" oscillating fan enough for two plants in a 2x3x5 tent with two Galaxyhydro Full Spec 300W lights?

It’s probably enough to circulate air within the tent. But you will likely need an exhaust fan in addition to that.

Awesome. I have an exhaust fan with a carbon filter

2 Likes

I think you’ll be good then.

Do you have your lights purposely angled that way? Or do they just naturally go that way?

They are hanging like that naturally. Should they be side by side or something like that?

1 Like

I suppose it really depends on how your plants are situated within the tent. I would orient light direction to how your plants are situated.

That makes sense, I can do that, thx

1 Like

All good partner. You’re probably good until your plants are quite large in size anyway.

Going to scrog but now that you say that I have another question. I see scrogs that have to layers that look approx 5-6 inches apart. Is that how you do it or is it because the plant grew out of the first one?

1 Like

It depends, probably both are safe to assume. If you do it properly one net is usually enough. Sometimes an additional net is installed to help support massive buds.

2 Likes

Oh ok. Let’s hope for massive than shall we :wink:

3 Likes

Go get em!

The key is to tuck all growth that’s far enough above net to reach the next pocket. And to flip with enough room to tuck most or all of stretch. After that, trim the stuff that didn’t make canopy and hit it with photons.

1 Like

I was told an 8” is too big. What’s the cfm on that? Let’s see if @Countryboyjvd1971 can help out. You said you have an 2x3x5? That’s an odd size. I’m pretty sure you meant 2x4x5, and if that’s the case you would need a 4”

Gotcha. I’ll def have pics when I get my act together. Vacation ends in a couple of days and I’ve being thinking, planning and buying online to start.

1 Like

An 8” oscillating fan should be fine for his application. If anything, it would be small. I believe you’re confusing that with his inline fan. The 2x3 isn’t as common but there are a few.

1 Like

Yes sorry 2x4x5

1 Like

CFM is 274 according to a review

Yeah I believe @Countryboyjvd1971told me a 190 cfm would of been more than enough for a 2x4x5 tent. 8” is huge for that tent size, if you have a variable speed controller I’d recommend turning it wayyy down.

It does and I should be able to change directions if it’s too much, thx for the heads up

1 Like

I’m confused, are we talking about in-line fan or oscillating fan? They’re definitely not the same thing.

1 Like