Getting started the 1st time

Sorry for the reading struggle - hopefully you can find some good journals that help you out - I will tag you into mine and hope it helps. :+1:t3:

1 Like

Well to tell you the truth. In my day back in the 60 and 70’s yes. Some was just no good. I hear that there have some great improvements. Can hardly wait to try…lol

Lol oh I can still go buy garbage on the street but u will b growing them. I’m sure they won’t b trash if u r here asking questions. This forum has a lot of knowledge and help

4 Likes

Thank you for your service @ybnorml, and very sorry to hear about what you’re going through.

I agree, 4 plants in 4x4 piece of cake! In my opinion, you’ll probably just not want to grow them to fill the tent til you get get a good feel for the genetics. Assuming you’re using photo’s,I would suggest a 4-6 week veg time with a topping or two and/or some mild training. They should be mature enough to flower by then, and be of size to produce a reasonable amount.

If something that happens that you want to let them go a little longer, you can always do that. Otherwise I think that’s a pretty solid plan to start with. After you complete a grow you’ll have a better idea of how each strain grows from start to finish. Then you can make any adjustments moving forward.

6 Likes

Your welcome dbrn32. From the conversation i think ive decided to go ahead with my 4 strain order and 4x4 tent order. I want to thank all you Guys and Gals for your help.

3 Likes

IMO, it all comes down to training, nothing more. I try and envision what I want my plant/plants to look like, and then I start moving in that direction, kinda like the guys that trim bonsai trees

If I can envision it in my head, I promise I can make the plants look like that vision.

I have so many friends that I have gotten into growing, and the thing that makes me chuckle the most is they all say the same thing when I tell them to super crop their plant, “but I don’t wanna hurt it” lol. Once they do it they are like “wow that’s awesome”.

I try to explain to them that they need to make the plant do what they want it to do and don’t take no $#!£ off these plants

Make it look like a table

A bush

A bonsai tree lol
ganja-bonsai

Point being, its your space and it’s only a plant, make it do what you wanna it to do :wink:

6 Likes

@ybnorml
It seems to me that, given your med situation, you would want to get to your first harvest as soon as possible. That said, you could do 4 plants and flip them to flower a little sooner. @anon95385719 is right that your yield will be dependant on environment and genetics and may suffer a bit due to shorter veg time but it will get bud in jars sooner. You can always go with fewer plants/ longer veg on your next grow. Either way, the fine folks here can get you to harvest.

2 Likes

Awesome! Let us know the final order. (Sometimes things change) and let us know when you sprout them! I would love to follow along. And thanks for serving our country. @ybnorml

3 Likes

Can you elaborate please? I’m not sure if I disagree or just not following what you’re saying?

1 Like

Put a comma after genetics @dbrn32 and re-read and see if makes more sense to ya

1 Like

Definitely makes more sense lol, thanks! I’m still not sure I agree.

I agree that a full canopy is a full canopy. I also agree that a growers ability to excite photosynthesis has a large impact on yields. However, how you manage what you have is huge. And having grown 1,4, and 9 plants from clone in the same area, under the same light, I would probably challenge that one plant could yeild as much as 4. That also will have a lot to with who has the 1 plant and who has the 4. There’s people here pulling more out of 9 square feet than others with 16-20. In my opinion ybnormal is looking more to follow their style of growing.

1 Like

@dbrn32
I see my punctuation error. What I was getting at is just that some strains/ genetics yield more per plant than others.

1 Like

Oh wow I must have been really high. 4x4 is plenty big. For some reason I thought u had a small tent.

No worries. I should’ve seen it too. After was pointed out I was like, duh!

Your welcome. Im starting to consider a biger tent. Im thinking that a bigger tent might be better than 2 small ones. That way the exhaust can wprk double otherwise youd have to jave 2 setups. A 4x8 tent is really not that much more.

If @ybnorml is looking for a quicker turnaround, I’d think running 4 plants with a shorter veg time gets him to harvest sooner.

1 Like

So your saying 4x4 is plenty for 4 plants. I see they have a 5x5 tent too

1 Like

@ybnorml
Just remember, you’ll have to have adequate lighting for your space. As @dbrn32 can attest, lighting will be your most expensive component to a successful grow.

2 Likes

Lighting is important, good lighting will definitely increase your yeild potential.

I wouldn’t see any need for a 5x5 unless you plan on having large portable ac, dehumidifier, and stuff like that in your tent. It would give you potential to expand to that stuff or bigger grows in the future. But you’re talking some very serious cash to light a 5x5 properly alone.

1 Like

Ok…its a 4x4 then with a scrog net. Going to place my order for my seeds now. Wow you guys are awsome. Thanks so much.

4 Likes