Getting Started on Outdoor Grow

I think now that my plants are about 3 ft tall, I have figured out which are the WW and which are Super Silver Haze. The sativa dominant strain looks taller and lankier than the WW, which is very bushy. I’ll take some pics tomorrow and you guys can give me your opinion. I think the two in the above picture are the WW’s.

I think this one is the Super Silver Haze.

It’s in the 90’s again today. In my zeal not to OVER water my plants, I wonder if I should be watering them every day in these temps. I watered yesterday and the soil they are in is damp and cool. Should I water every day? Supposed to have another thunderstorm and rain tomorrow.

Out of 7 plants growing outdoors in pots, 5 of them are almost 6 feet tall. The other two are at least 4 feet tall. I’m freaking out … I don’t want them to get any bigger. I topped them twice in the last two weeks and they just keep growing! I’m worried about my camouflage when the weeds behind my plants die off.

Does anyone know when they will start to flower? Did I slow it down by topping them again?
Thanks for any insight.
MT

tie them down bend them over

1 Like

I’m jealous of your internodes.

I don’t think your plants are any more visible now than they were a month ago.

Hillcrest … I don’t want to sound stupid, but how do you do that? Where do I tie them off? Do I bend them back down to the same pot they’re in? I’ve seen small plants bent and tied down, but none this tall before.

Droobie … OMG … these girls are growing like crazy. You can’t see the plants now because of the weeds behind them. Those weeds are going to die off in another month and the taller my plants are the more easily they can be seen. I finally identified the Super Silver Haze … it’s 6 feet tall already. The shorter bushier ones are the White Widows.

Thanks for taking a look at my pictures.
MT

Here ya go @MT1. I know you might not have as many tops, but if you get creative, this should still work for you.

Also, here is a good one on super cropping, a type of not so low stress training, but it works, and I’ve had great results using the practice.

This video is indoors, but as you can see, those are some big plants:

1 Like

there you go thanks Stoner

1 Like

That method works really great. I bent mine over when it was about 13 inches tall and zip tied to side of pot. Now I have about 13 new main stalks… Still small bit growing nicely with all the rain and sun we were having… Will post pic later

I saw that you had worries about watering everyday in hot temps. You just need to stick your finger in the pot. Is is damp? If it is dry; Water. If it is wet; Do not water. If you slightly water the top on Hot days, this should not present an issue, but judge the dampness of the potted soil 1st. :slight_smile: Happy Growing, and you have some nice looking plants. peace

The pik of the 2nd video looks like mt method (INSIDE) Not sure I would need to or bother with tying them down (OUTSIDE), unless I had security issues with the height. Inside you need to get light to lower branches by tying the plant down, or providing side light. Outside the Sun is plenty, and I have not seen too many outdoor farmers tying their plants. However; There is no wrong idea here, so it is a matter of choice.

Thanks guys for the comments and tips. :smiley:

I was thinking of bringing one in at night and putting her on a 12/12 cycle. Would this put the plant in the flowering mode? I’m impatient for the harvest in October and I’m wondering if the 12/12 cycle would speed things up.

You can see the’re about 6 ft tall.

1 Like

Yes that will start the flowering to start​:sunglasses::+1::deciduous_tree:. Wow they are big and look good.
Tom

Thanks Tom … you can see from the picture that they would be a challenge to tie down. I’m watering about every other day and fertilize once a week.

MT

Hi Guys,
I’m getting the little white hairs on my plants. My question is when do I switch to a blooming fertilizer? I reread the Grow Bible and my log from last year and still can’t figure out exactly when to switch.
Thanks,
MT

The girls are about 6 ft tall now and have a bunch of white hairs. When should I start using a bloom fertilizer? The plants are about 11 weeks old now.

OMG … we had a huge storm blow through last night … lots of hail and sideways wind.
Thank goodness the girls seemed to be okay when I got them back upright.

The plants are doing really well and flowering like crazy. I’m fertilizing every 5-7 days with a bloom fertilizer. It’s still really hot here, so they are drinking a lot of water every day.
MT

We also got a new rescue dog yesterday … a little blue heeler mix to play with Tank.

She’s tiny … only about 30 lbs but she can hold her own with the big guy!

I am so excited … my plants are about 102 days old and the baby buds are everywhere! They’re huge and really sticky. The wind knocked two plants over and a couple limbs were broken. I was able to salvage the baby buds on them and they smoke up just fine!

Happy Growing Everyone!! Only about 4-6 weeks left before harvest! I can’t wait.
MT

1 Like