Getting ready to go to flower and now this shows up, what is this?

i saw these last night and took pics this morning. i looked thru the deficiencies section and didn’t see anything i could relate last night. this morning i saw a gnat at the ceiling but only the one, and i looked around the plants for some type of critter but didn’t see any.sick

this is on another plant
sick1

We should get a support form withe the info for soil ppm and stuff. I forget where to find it. If it’s only one or two leaves and new growth looks ok it may not be an issue.

The affected leaves in the pics look a little “silky” to me. That’s my term for leaves that get really soft and fabric like feeling . This is usually from them transpiring more water out than they are taking in. Dry heat with no air flow can cause that. I don’t see evidence of bugs in these pics.

as far as ticket goes
white widow fem
super soil
315 lec
no ph test or ppm test as my support group says i don’t need to check as the super soil has it covered.
the water i use is from faucet with home well. it is 7.8 out of faucet with lime in it. i put it thru a pitcher filter and it comes out 7.2. according to the support group, their soil would be okay to just use the water out of the tap but i filter it anyway.

@MattyBear @dbrn32 @WickedAle

I would’ve thought bugs. Without any bugs present or runoff ph data I’m afraid I’ve got nothing, sorry.

1 Like

there could be bugs and i don’t see them, but i tried to look it over good. i think bugs still too.

Looks like you bumped or damaged the leaf. If it’s not over the entire plant and instead just 1 or 2 leaves I don’t get to worried.

1 Like

i haven’t had any hydrogen peroxide in the house for this whole grow. should i go get some in case i need to do foliar spray?

The yellow center that’s cut off in one of the pictures caught my attention caught my attention. Do you spray anything on the leaves?

1 Like

on one of the leaves that i didn’t take pic of, it looks like something ate the end of the leaf about an eighth inch to a quarter inch.

i haven’t sprayed anything on them.

Good. So unless your pH and PPM’s aren’t off I wouldn’t stress too much about it.

I would not spray anything as a preventative measure. Only if you have seen bugs.

Can you toss up a full plant picture(s)?

1 Like

if it had happened to all three that i watered to flood for the first time yesterday or the day before, i would have said it is nute related, but two of them were watered and one that hasn’t had water in 5 days. one of the plants that shows the issue was watered with distilled water, the other with the 7.2 from tap. that is kinda why i was leaning to some type of critter messing with my stuff.

i can do a full plant pic but it is from microscope camera so it is hard at this point to get whole plant in. but i will go shoot a shot from the top. i think the plants look real healthy and have been going thru growth spurt in last day or two. is why i’m going to flower in two days instead of 7 or 10. they are getting away from me lol.

I don’t think so. First pic look like it was bumped and leaves were damaged, second picture is in a pattern on the top ridges of the leaf. Patterns tend to be deficiencies not bugs. It’s not systemic so I again wouldn’t worry.

2 Likes

Let me guess you don’t have a cell phone camera.

1 Like

lol i am the last person in the US without a cell phone period. i am going to get a cheap digital camera from walmart tomorrow, prolly a 50$ vivosun. it’s payday and i’m also getting a 630 lec for the flower tent i put up yesterday. 24 hours darkness before i go to 12/12, right?

1 Like

I respect that! I wish I didn’t have one either. Become addicted to all of it. Should ask around to your friends to ask them if they have an old iPhone/google phone laying around. They still work great even if you don’t have cell service. I used an old one with the WiFi to make calls even around town. Comcast now has public WiFi everywhere in my area. I really could get by without the cell service.

3 Likes

when pagers came out i really really wanted one. then all the gang in the service group got them and i got three because of the area i covered. it took me about a month to hate it.

1 Like