Getting ready to give it a try

hey everyone. I am getting ready to start a round with my new auto pots. Picked up some coco coir and perlite. Going to use jacks 321. What else does everyone add? Any advice? Thanks

4 Likes

I added a shutoff valve at the rez and each pot tray. Next time I think I’ll use plastic golf balls in the bottom instead of xtra large perlite. Other than that do some reading and ask questions, there’s plenty of great autopot growers here!

1 Like

Welcome to the club! I used mini whiffle golf balls in the bottom of the pots and so far so good.

I am going to do the shut off valves and gold balls. What i was wondering do you add anything else other than jacks

During flower I add silica, Mkp, fulvic acid, and bud candy. I always use tribus and drip clean to keep the lines open.

1 Like

You can mix some worm castings into ur coco coir that will feed ur seedlings for a while

I’m not sure about the worms… I expanded my coco with 1/2 strength jacks and also used that to water with. My seedlings did very well and grew fast so that’s what I’ll do on the next run

1 Like

Yah man u should try it on ur future grows most people mix worm castings in there soil or coco .have a look at these

These are grown in organics there in week two of flower

3 Likes

I’m a believer and have used it before, just not sure about it with the autopots

Aha ok ive never used autopots maybe some of the other guys on here could shed some light on it

1 Like

You’ll want to use silica at least the couple of weeks before and during flower. It goes in water first, has to be mixed very well, and left to set about 20 minutes before adding your Jack’s. It shoots pH way up, so you’ll have to adjust after Jack’s is added.

2 Likes

As far as nutes or boosters and other things like, you don’t need them, but it’s up to you. In coco with Jack’s, just feed the same every day.

Edit to both posts… Not sure how you adjust everything for autopots, I’m all hands on.

I use autopots in my scrog frames.

My frames have wheels so I can move them around. Therefore, all of the connections are quick connect fittings.
The trays prevent the reservoir from draining completely and flooding. It does happen.
I use coco and add stuff already mentioned. I will also add Fish Sh!t to the recommended list.

4 Likes