Getting ready to cut down

My gold leaf

8 Likes

Just curious, how long before the chop. :axe:

3 Likes

Seeing a lot of white pistols don’t think it’s ready yet got some better pictures

4 Likes

I will agree I think she needs a minute

3 Likes

2moro or next sunday

1 Like

You are right usually wait till half of them or brown

1 Like

I’m thinking you got at least 2 weeks if you can take close up pictures of the buds it would be easier to evaluate

3 Likes

Yeah I believe you should hold up. Lots of white pistols showing. Most of those should turn rust colored and start to recede before your in harvest window. You may want to start checking trichomes, you want mostly cloudy or cloudy with some amber.

3 Likes

Definitely wait. Those white pistils mean she is still adding weight. I don’t even start to check trichs until all pistils are brown. (unless there is also foxtailing)

5 Likes

Your girls can still plump up. Give them time and check the trichs in the bud

2 Likes

Trichs are the white crystals on the buds?

2 Likes

Trichomes are the “glitter” on buds. When most of the trichomes appear cloudy-white under a microscope, the harvest window is open. When trichomes are cloudy in appearance is when most will start considering when to harvest plants. You can use a jewelry loupe to get a good look at them. 100% cloudy will be the highest level of THC, if you harvest to early you may get a racy head high. Once amber trichomes start appearing you will get more of a sedative effect.

Here’s a example of what trichomes looks like magnified

3 Likes

That looks nice and frosty

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face::+1:Unfortunately it’s not one of mine. Just a stock photo I pulled off the web. I wanted one that was good and clear to use as example .

1 Like

Your light doesn’t seem powerful enough if it’s a cheap light it needs to darn near be touching the plant. I can show you a picture of a done gold leaf if you want me to.

He’s going to be mine don’t look like that what the hell

1 Like

I’ve got some fairly good pics using USB microscope. But I would have to go through hundreds of photos to get a really good one :+1:

1 Like

Same here it’s usually blury enough to see clear or colors @Lnnicholas I was just jk but they do look like they needs time I usually judge by the hairs they will curl in and turn colors and also the leaves are going to turn yellow this is normal let them turn and curl in and beef up … but I’ve only been growing for a minute … I really like growing and learning new things

Hps lights 1000 w any closer it would burn it

3 Likes

My bad. I don’t know nothing about hps. But I have read about those being close to tops also. Gotta have good AC though I imagine