Getting ready for a new grow

@Aussie_autos i would do the photo in a 5gal.
I grew some nice SSH . Started in solo, transfer to 5gal. They turned out awesome.

Come join the journey of my next grow everyone is welcome to join in

Here is some pics im remending the soil i used in my last grow and i have a pic of the root ball from the white widow auto it was from the bottom all the way to the top

1 Like

Hey guys i have a grow journal on ilgm grow journals now i will be updating my grow on that journal aswell as on here everyone is welcome to come have a look you may find something that may or may not help u in some way theres not much on there at the moment guys

Hey guys as u can see i have my pineapple kush fem and Blueberry auto under the light theu havent pop out of the soil yet but they had good tails on them so it shouldnt be to long

That ight u see im using its my other grow light its a 150-180 watt

l

1 Like

Ok guys here is my set up

Im using a bigger tent this time my tent is 2×2×180 its a home lab tent im getting things goin i have a cover crop growing in my pots now they will be growing while the plants are in there ,the cover crop is goin to be food for my plants and for the worms

2 Likes

Ok guys i have a little bit of a set back with germination i thought my seeds had cracked and i though i saw tails on my seeds its been about four to five days and nothing i found the seeds in my soil ive put them back into water and into a warm place if these dont pop i will be doin csca and a cpa

2 Likes

I add about 1/2 tsp of peroxide to the water it’s supposed to help soften the hulls and add oxygen

Yah i did that before i will do it again

1 Like

I just added two -three drops of peroxide i will see if there goin to crack they maybe duds yet i added a bit more peroxide .ive never done this way before i normally just use water

1 Like

I was turned on to using peroxide a couple years ago and I jumped in with both feet I buy it by the case :sweat_smile: I literally spray the entire inside of my tents with it numerous times during and in-between grows plants and all. I don’t measure it but I use about 3-4 tsp in a quart size spray bottle except when cleaning between grows I use straight peroxide. You can see the plants like it the morning after spraying them

You could always throw them in a wet paper towel , ziplock &dark place… They will pop almost literally like next day. I had that problem when before when tryin other methods. But always ran to that paper towel method lol

I normally do the paper towel method and i did this time aswell but i dont use the ziplock bag

Try a cap full of peroxide in a shot glass topped with ro water. That’s about 1 third peroxide and then water. Let it set in that for a while then switch to regular ro water. Heating pads or heat mats help a ton of getting seeds. I use a heating pad set on high for the first 2 hrs then I leave it on medium from there on out til I see tails. If I use the heating pad it happens fairly quick usually within 2 days I have half inch tails. No heat and it’s 4 5 days or longer. I always do the peroxide water soak then strait to napping on a plate then that plate gets set on the heat pad to get the heat. If the plate feels warm to u don’t worry all will be fine. First time I thought I was gonna cook it but they seem to be happier to pop when there is heat with it lol. Also if they don’t get a tail u might try using a pair of pliers and give the seed the smallest squeeze til u hear the little crack sound if u hear the crack drop it back in the water. Sometimes the shell will be super hard and water is not able to penetrate it unless u crack it open to allow water in to expand the sprout.

Yah ive done that and i have them in a dark warm spot im hoping they pop i dont have a heat mat I’ve got them in my tent its 28 degrees Celcius

U have led lights set the plate ontop of one of the light heat sinks and it will get the heat from the light. Use the top of the refrigerator as it usually has a nice hot spot uptop in one of the corners all the time. Just cover the top of the plate with syran wrap or plastic but leave a gap where air can get to the seeds so they don’t get smothered and drowned

I just put the seeds on to a paper towel and plate and i put it on my light hopefully they pop

1 Like

Can u look at the seed and see does it look like it is split at all for water to enter inside. A crack along the seam or by the dip in the seed. If not take 1 seed and pliers and put it in pliers where the seam is flat to one side of pliers and give a super super light squeeze to hear oe see the shell split some. Don’t over squeeze and squash the seed but try one that way and see if it helps any. Might be real hard shell and not seeping thru the shell skin

Sandpaper helps too to rub on sandpaper some to thin it

I will wait and see how this goes then i will try the other way

I appreciate your help and i hope one of these tricks work

1 Like